Dress code

the thing for me these days is where to keep everything, especially when you're in say linen / light shorts - not massively keen on manbags and am paranoid about using back pockets. i swear this was not an issue in my 20s.

I have one pair of 3/4 length shorts which are ace for keeping things in and a nice fit to boot (not everything suits a short arse). It's a pain as they're getting old and I've never quite found anything I like as much to replace them with.

khaki, military style desert shorts are the most practical but not exactly stylish - I've still got a pair of camouflage knee lengths which were briefly everywhere a few years back when every f**cker was wearing them with birkenstocks but probably look really lame now. my jean shorts score in the cool stakes but not enough pocket options.

My +1 for Heart turned up with shorts as did both his friends. We got turned away initially as the dinner had overrun and we were too early! Door staff were very uptight and felt like the shorts may have been an issue, but they were absolutely fine when we returned 30minutes later

Me and my partner were walking along the sunset strip last week, we had been out all afternoon and my partner left his top behind, walking past Mambo around 6pm the pr came up and gave us the pitch for dinner and drinks, we were quite hungry by then so agreed to have something to eat so she was bringing us to our table and at the last minute turns around and was like oh wait you can't come in your not wearing a top, like spent the guts of 10 mins giving us the sales pitch then refuses us, so annoying :mad:

For the paranoid tourist...

https://www.clothingarts.com/products/pickpocket_proof_business_travel_pants

https://www.clothingarts.com/products/pickpocket_proof_business_travel_shorts

4x3_bussn_new1_1024x1024.jpg

khaki, military style desert shorts are the most practical but not exactly stylish - I've still got a pair of camouflage knee lengths which were briefly everywhere a few years back when every f**cker was wearing them with birkenstocks but probably look really lame now. my jean shorts score in the cool stakes but not enough pocket options.
Then your bird asks you to carry her lipstick too

Jean shorts with a good fit are the best option.. stylish and keep your stuff safe. Never use the back pockets, wallet and phone in either front pocket and that's all I need.

Back