Pete

Hi,

Dose anyone have any old pictures of Ibiza:?:

70s
80s
90s

Space, Ku, Amnesia with no roofs:?:

Any of San An before all the hotels were there:?:

Gah, i just spent an AGE trying to locate them, to no avail. There used to be quite a few from the 70s and 80s on there, but unfortunately you can't search by date, only by location. Sorry chief.

yeah, i got some from amnesia No roof times 91 etc. i will dig them out for you

Here is some video footage from 1987 of KU nightclub before it was roofed due to noise pollution laws.

This is the first public performance of Barcelona by Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Cabballé ( Tony Pike will dispute this, maintaining that it was performed at Pikes Hotel first).

Mercury was a huge fan of Cabballe and waited years before he had the right song to perform with her. Barcelona was that song, written as the Theme music for the Barcelona Olympic games in 1992.

Ibiza and Ku nightclub was the venue for a huge 3 day party that celebrated the announcement of Barcelona as the Olympic venue for 1992. Anybody that was famous was on the Island for THE Party!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45-SAEfMccY

This is the first public performance of Barcelona by Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Cabballé ( Tony Pike will dispute this, maintaining that it was performed at Pikes Hotel first).

Mercury was a huge fan of Cabballe and waited years before he had the right song to perform with her. Barcelona was that song, written as the Theme music for the Barcelona Olympic games in 1992.

Ibiza and Ku nightclub was the venue for a huge 3 day party that celebrated the announcement of Barcelona as the Olympic venue for 1992. Anybody that was famous was on the Island for THE Party!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45-SAEfMccY

there was proper emotion in my family that day - will never forget it - where were you when you heard the news Silvia?

I remember when the track hit the UK TOP 40 in 1987, I was taping Bruno Brookes as usual - in the days when the charts were a real secret - and suddenly he said it had gone in at no.7 :eek: - raced downstairs with the cassette - I thought my folks will never believe this - a Catalan opera singer in the top 10!! :lol:

yeah got loads

Hotel Simbad, Talamanca 1978
Private Villa, Figuretas 1982
Private Villa Just outside Santa Eulalia 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987 (we liked that place)

let me know?? :lol:

I saw some pictures the other day somewhere (either in a magazine or the internet) I think from the early eighties of ku or Amnesia or Pacha even ?? not sure where it was but it looked like they were on a roof with big Magnum PI moustaches and shoulder pads it all looked very glam in fact I'd love to see some pictures like that now if anyone finds any post them on here please :D

Wow!
Thank you everyone for all your picks and time.
They look fantastic!

I have decided that next time we go to Ibiza (2010) I am going to pack my tin opener end take the roof back off of Privilege.

We still have the odd open air party in the summer in a quarry in my next town. Not been for a year or 2 thou :-/

Back