Does anyone else think Cricket sucks balls?

NakedAge

I'm sorry but I can't stand it. .. I had a cricketing accident in the factory today, nothing is broken tho. But as this accident occured I thought to myself "wow, how come I'm so bad at cricket?" Then I remembered!!! :lol:

Its the second most herendous sport ever second only to golf. ... Does anyone else share my views?

CricketBrand_105x106.jpg

I quite like Cricket. Got one in my pocket right now.

CricketBrand_105x106.jpg

I quite like Cricket. Got one in my pocket right now.

Do you smoke Jon? for some reason I definately had you down as a non/smoker :lol:

I kind of like the whole concept of sitting in the sunshine, drinking wine and eating cucumber sandwiches whilst chillin and sort of watching cricket, however I think in reality I would be bored senseless....

its a bit like the Snooker - would love to go watch a proper tournament but I thing realistically there is no way I could stay that quiet nor sit still for that length of time.... :oops:

Baseball is similar to cricket. Only reason to go is to sit in the sunshine with your friends, drink beer and snarf hamburgers. The game bores to tears!

Yep, I'm a smoker. 2 decades already.

Twenty 20 cricket is ok as it's short. Been a couple of times and was ok.

Been to a 1 day match and was carried out nearly. I was in a right two and eight!

Can't really get into the 5 dayers but any cricket fan will tell you that is the holy grail. Well the Ashes is I suppose.

Baseball is similar to cricket. Only reason to go is to sit in the sunshine with your friends, drink beer and snarf hamburgers. The game bores to tears!

Yep, I'm a smoker. 2 decades already.

baseball i get
you score more runs than the other team - you win

cricket is bizarre

Somerset 347 for 5
Kent 501 for 7

Result = draw

:spank:

I'm sorry but I can't stand it. .. I had a cricketing accident in the factory today, nothing is broken tho. But as this accident occured I thought to myself "wow, how come I'm so bad at cricket?" Then I remembered!!! :lol:

Its the second most herendous sport ever second only to golf. ... Does anyone else share my views?

maybe, maybe not. who cares?

I'm far more interested in what crimes your ancestors committed

cricket is bizarre

Somerset 347 for 5
Kent 501 for 7

Result = draw
The scoring is an enigma. I had it explained to me once and basically understood it. But that was a few years back and my memory is poor so I've no idea anymore :lol:

They had Indian Premier League on one screeen in the sports bar last weekend when I was down there watching football last weekend. TV production, stadium crowds, international mix of players...really looks like they've tried to do it up right.

That's where the money is in the IPL.

Hence a few players who retired from international cricket so they were free to join that little jamboree!

Twenty 20 is a good evening out, not to be taken too seriously. Get a few birds there too. Apparently.:confused:

The scoring is an enigma. I had it explained to me once and basically understood it. But that was a few years back and my memory is poor so I've no idea anymore :lol:

morbs, each game has X days to be completed. to win you must score more runs AND bowl out the otherside. if you cant do that in the allotted time, then it becomes a draw.

simples!

That's where the money is in the IPL.

Hence a few players who retired from international cricket so they were free to join that little jamboree!

Twenty 20 is a good evening out, not to be taken too seriously. Get a few birds there too. Apparently.:confused:

i'd like to goto a 20/20. I dont think i could sit thru a whole day of test cricket.

however my best mate was at the final day at the Oval when we spanked the Aussies. ive never heard as much drunken happiness as i did that day.

Cricket is fantastic! I used to love spending hours out in the sun relaxing and driving the odd ball to the off side (on a rare occasion)

The cricket scoring system is intuitive enough in the 5 day game. Score more runs than the other team and get 20 wickets (unless the other side happened to have declared in their first innings or something along those lines). I can't get into 20/20 at all though. The one day games are more interesting.

Bring on the Ashes! Though as an Irishman... I can't decide who to support. :!:

They had Indian Premier League on one screeen in the sports bar last weekend when I was down there watching football last weekend. TV production, stadium crowds, international mix of players...really looks like they've tried to do it up right.

Honestly, Duckworth Lewis aside, it's really quite simple...Could always go to a game next time you're in town as part of a sports cultural exchange scheme?!

Honestly, Duckworth Lewis aside, it's really quite simple...Could always go to a game next time you're in town as part of a sports cultural exchange scheme?!

maybe start with the footy dan, teach him the lingo, you know, stuff like:

spotters badge
the reducer
one more
worldy
ping

Back