Does anybody else NOT like Sundays at Space

Scottish-Helen

I love my clubbing but do not like Sundays at Space at all.

I've been the last 2 years but to be honest I think it's the most pretentious load of nonsense that I've ever experienced.

I know that it's supposed to be the best club in the world but it really does nothing for me at all, it just seems to be full of posers and the music isn't my thing either.

I'm getting dragged there again this year by my b/f, at least this year I'm staying right across the road so I can make my escape :p

I don't have a problem with people loving it because we all have different tastes, but does anyone else NOT like it?

Sorry, I LOVE it :D If I went to Ibiza and I was only allowed :p to go out once clubbing, it would definitely be We Love Sundays for me :D

I am part of the LOVE gang as well.

Best party in the world in my humble opinion :D

I've been the last 2 years but to be honest I think it's the most pretentious load of nonsense that I've ever experienced.

I know that it's supposed to be the best club in the world but it really does nothing for me at all, it just seems to be full of posers and the music isn't my thing either.

I know that everyone has their own taste but I take it that you don't like house music?

As for pretentious load of nonsense, I do not find this at all. Yes there is many different nationalities but for pretentious load of nonsense I am afraid I disagree. People make a great effort in how they look and what they wear but the atmosphere does not suffer as a result. In clubbing terms I would define pretentious as people been more concerned in the way they look/are perceived and the atmosphere suffering as a result. This does not apply to Sundays @ Space. Best atmosphere in the world! ;)

Bukes said:
I am part of the LOVE gang as well.

Best party in the world in my humble opinion :D

I know that everyone has their own taste but I take it that you don't like house music?

As for pretentious load of nonsense, I do not find this at all. Yes there is many different nationalities but for pretentious load of nonsense I am afraid I disagree. People make a great effort in how they look and what they wear but the atmosphere does not suffer as a result. In clubbing terms I would define pretentious as people been more concerned in the way they look/are perceived and the atmosphere suffering as a result. This does not apply to Sundays @ Space. Best atmosphere in the world! ;)

here here ;)

The music in there is totally spot on. But I will agree you get your posers, but doesn't that apply to almost any club in the world???

One day I aim to get control of the decks, even if it's for half an hour. ;)

will give it a try a and let you know

as yet i have not done space so i will indever to get theri this year.

and see what i think

Ive been to space not for sundays though. i liked it but i wouldnt say i love it.

im looking forward to garlands at pinup more than any space event :eek:

I don't like Space at all (or rather anymore). Gimme PinUp any time, but Space has become a tourist trap.

What is PinUp like compared to dc10? Similar crowd?

I never made it out last year

Bukes said:

I don't mind house music that much but it doesn't really do that much for me tbh.

I just don't see what all the fuss is about Space that's all (all my friends and b/f think I'm mad!)

I haven't been to Space yet, but am determined to go this year.

What is the music like? Is it house on the Terrace and Trance inside?

first went sundays at space two years ago and didnt like it, went space again last year for garlands and loved it...

ill be going again this year tho, cos over the last year ive moved from trane-hardhouse to house + tribal beats..

so this year sunday @ space should be right up my street

I dont like Space
I don´t like Sundays
And I don´t LIKE THE COMBINATION of those 2 things...

Clubbing on a Sunday is a nono for me, and Space is as Helen said, pretty blown up to be this wild thing, but I really did´nt enjoy it that much...way too crowded and gou burned by cigarettes 3 times whilst there, cuz of dancing people - WAY TOO MUCH!

But that´s just me, huh?

NEVER BEEN PLANNING ON GOIN THIS YEAR

WAS MEAN TO GO TWICE LAST YEAR EVRYTIME WE BOUGHT A TICKET BUT THE NIGHT PORTER @ THE HOTAL DIDNT WAKE US UP EARLY ENOUGHT WE DIDNT WAKE UP TILL 3PM BOTH TIME WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY DEFINATLEY GOING TO DO IT THIS YEAR THOU !

it just seems to be full of posers and the music isn't my thing either.

Well, in that case I'm sure you'll feel right at home @ Eden or Es Paradis, I heard those places are "unpretentious," if you know what I mean...Enjoy your sweaty-shirtless-drunk-stupid-beerboy-brigade with a dollop of cheeesy trance and brain hemmoraging "hard dance" and leave Space and quality music to us "posers"

I luurvve it.

Don't do the daytime thing though, i prefer to arrive 8-9pm and go right through. I do like the inside too so the timing works well.

I did prefer the 'Home' on Sundays though - it did seem less touristy back then.

Ibiza-girlie said:
I dont like Space
I don´t like Sundays
And I don´t LIKE THE COMBINATION of those 2 things...

Clubbing on a Sunday is a nono for me, and Space is as Helen said, pretty blown up to be this wild thing, but I really did´nt enjoy it that much...way too crowded and gou burned by cigarettes 3 times whilst there, cuz of dancing people - WAY TOO MUCH!

But that´s just me, huh?

yeah and usually wouldnt go clubbing on monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday and sunday either but this is ibiza!
the only 2 weeks in the year to really let yourself go!

Back