Do your good deed for the day and sponsor Liam

I'd feel a bit sour tbh if I tried to do it and didn't attempt to raise a bit of money for a charity.

Screech - What about Boba Fetts? Tie Fighter pilots? ATST walkers made out of cardboard??

I'd feel a bit sour tbh if I tried to do it and didn't attempt to raise a bit of money for a charity.

Screech - What about Boba Fetts? Tie Fighter pilots? ATST walkers made out of cardboard??

It didnt see any of the above mate so knock yourself out!

Tbh the New Youk Marathon would be good but there is nothing like doing it on your own turf.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw some great outfits yesterday, how the hell some people ran in those huge, heavy costumes is beyond me!

I'm doing a half marathon in September for charity - do you think if I asked for donations then and for the April 2010 marathon thats a bit cheeky?

and have a browse of runnersworld. usually loads of ads being placed at the minute as the NYC marathon isnt till November.

from the flora marathon site.

HIGGINSON, LIAM T (GBR)
3:45:42

well done mate. happy with the time?

Cheers pal, and thanks for the offer of the tix ;)

I was happy, but i was on for a better time, around 3.35, but the heat and congestion made it tough. My (dodgy) knee started to ache at mile 23, so i slowed considerably then.

Bumped into a VERY struggling gordon Ramsey at mile 23 also, he was really suffering !! :lol:

Saw him at the 20.5 miles point, he was looking comfortable. ;)

Shame i missed you guys, i didnt know you were goin to be there or i'd have kept an eye and ear out for you. :rolleyes:

And yes I was comfortable at that point, really comfotable, but as described above, had to slow.

Congratulations Liam I did keep an Eye out for you but didn't see you.

My brother finished in 4.28 which he is pretty pleased with.

8) Nice one, did he enjoy it ??

Its a funkin mnare trying to spot people isnt it, its knackering itself being a spectator :spank:

probably just putting a spurt on cos he knew you might be there!!

love how people do that at the finish line, 7 hours after they started!!

Piss off you :lol: TBH mate when you see the finish, you do honestly get a rush of energy/adrenalin and you seem to feel ok (briefly) :lol:

I went to watch the race yesterday, what a brilliant atmosphere. I'm seriously considering doing it next year :eek:

Does anyone know, if you run for a charity, is there a minimum donation you have to make?

Do it !! Its even better as a runner, the crowd are AMAZING, and running through so many different boroughs and communities, all with different atmospheres is unbelievable 8)

If you do the training properly, and dont get too carried away for the first half, then it only really hurts the last 6 - 8 miles, and thats when the crowd carry you, all these complete strangers spuring you on. Its a hugely gratifying thing to experience 8)

The site is down at the moment, due to demand, when its running again you need to apply for a ballot place, its like a lottery. 125,000 peoles vying for about 18,000 places. I didnt get it on my first 2, so had to raise between 1,500 pounds and 2 grand to take up a golden bond place from a charity. Different charities have different ammounts, but its there or there abouts.

This year i got it, so really i didnt have to raise anything, but i thought as i'm going through all the hard work it might as well be for something. :lol: Its much less hastle, but saying that, i didnt find it too difficult raisng the money for the other 2 marathons, people (like who has sponsored me from here) can be really generous.

Thanks again to all that sponsored me, it is very very appreciated 8)

And if anyone is forgot to, and would still like to, they can on my justgiving page for another month 8):lol:

8) Nice one, did he enjoy it ??

Its a funkin mnare trying to spot people isnt it, its knackering itself being a spectator :spank:

Yes mate he did he says never again now though ;)

it really is a mare and standing about for 4 hours in the sun is pretty tiring

We managed to spot him 3 times though, at 12 miles, 15 and 20. My parents managed to miss him totally!

Yes mate he did he says never again now though ;)

it really is a mare and standing about for 4 hours in the sun is pretty tiring

We managed to spot him 3 times though, at 12 miles, 15 and 20. My parents managed to miss him totally!

There are two types of people, them that cross the line and cant wait for another (me included, i'm already planning one next year) and then the others who say 'NEVER AGAIN' !! He may change his mind when the pain subsides :lol:

My other half and others missed me completely also :rolleyes:, due to the poor Stewarding, crowds, and a computer fault on the tube that sent people to the wrong station :rolleyes: She was absolutely gutted :cry:

Back