Do your good deed for the day and sponsor Liam

I'm wearing a pink :oops: CLIC Sargent vest, keep an eye out !! Where abouts will you guys be ??

We will be following him around the route. If it goes to plan we will be at the start then Greenwich, South side of Tower Bridge, then on to Canary Wharf. From there we go to tower hill and then embankment!

What colour start are you?

We will be following him around the route. If it goes to plan we will be at the start then Greenwich, South side of Tower Bridge, then on to Canary Wharf. From there we go to tower hill and then embankment!

better get ya skates on, they may only be running, but its damn quicker than public transport on a sunday!

the bit on the embankment after they come out of the tunnel is a good spot. avoid parliament sq all the way to the finish - usually 3-4 deep by the time the elite runners get o the end.

from last yrs marathon (canary wharf/embankment)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djchewie/sets/72157604519140309/

shameless plug

What colour start are you?

better get ya skates on, they may only be running, but its damn quicker than public transport on a sunday!

Red start, should be blue but i'm starting from red as my training partner is. Like Chew says, good luck with that mate, with the crowds it is a funkin nightmare gettin about, a marathon in itself !! I'll keep an ear out for you !! ;)

Might see ya soon, Chew !!

Woke up far too late after too much wine last night for mate's birthday, but hope it's going well Liam. No sign of you on TV yet! :p

Congratulations Liam I did keep an Eye out for you but didn't see you.

My brother finished in 4.28 which he is pretty pleased with.

I went to watch the race yesterday, what a brilliant atmosphere. I'm seriously considering doing it next year :eek:

Does anyone know, if you run for a charity, is there a minimum donation you have to make?

I went to watch the race yesterday, what a brilliant atmosphere. I'm seriously considering doing it next year :eek:

Does anyone know, if you run for a charity, is there a minimum donation you have to make?

It is a great atmosphere isnt it? My Brother said you didnt really notice the first 6 miles or so cos everyone round you is pushing you on.

There normally is a minimum donation my Brother had to raise 2k but it depends on the charity.

Definite, 100%, no questions asked, first name down for doing it next year.

And this time I mean it.

Tamsyn wants to run in too. :lol:

If you can't raise the money, isn't there this ballot that takes place so you can still run?

If you can't raise the money, isn't there this ballot that takes place so you can still run?

There is a Ballot but there are very few places available in it. Apparently if you apply and fail 5 years in a row you get through on the 6th year! I think something like 80% of the runners are for Charity

all the places are decided by ballot if you apply as an individual. if you cant get one that way, then running for a charity is the only other way to get into it, but means raising anything from £3k upwards to get your guaranteed place. Which is all well and good, but consider for half that amount you can get guaranteed places in the New York marathon for half that, which includes your flights/hotels and all your running support.

Back