do you rate el davino

K

ksixty9

:p

I have been to ibiza 5 times june will be 6 times.

in that time i never got round to go to el davino, is it worht making the effort.

Also in me first 2 years of ibiza visit their used to be a club call extasis.
now called storm, did any of you get to go before it was closed down?

have never been to el divino, but i know its a small ish club, farily intimate but really classy, abit like pacha......

they had some really good nights there. Soul heaven, Miss moneypenny's, dave seaman.

One that i must visit this summer

ksixty9 said:

I have been to ibiza 5 times june will be 6 times.

in that time i never got round to go to el davino, is it worht making the effort.

Also in me first 2 years of ibiza visit their used to be a club call extasis.
now called storm, did any of you get to go before it was closed down?

I'm exactly same as you, I am going to Ibiza for 10th time in June and I have never been to El Divinos :rolleyes: there is always something else on :D The only nights I would go to is Moneypennys but I've had no hope in last 3 years cos my b/friend is biggest Oakie fan ever so it clashed with Perfecto @ Pacha or a Sunday for Soul Heaven cos that always rocks at Ministry back in London..................the thing is I don't know if my poor little body could do Space/El Divinos and then DC10 :eek:

I might get there this year for Moneypennys but my b/friend is already talking about Godskitchen or Gatecrasher on a Tues :eek: ;)

el deviiiino!

Ive heard it´s very stylish and that the locals like the place too - supposedly an all-year-round club (Robo, correct me if I´m wrong) :evil:

I went there last September to Dave Seaman's 4:4 night and it was very good. It's not too big, but not too small if you know what I mean. The terrace is cool becuase it's right on the side of water and you can sit looking across at the castle and old town. Well worthy a visit.

The best way to get there is to hit all the bars on the opposite side of the harbour, then you can get a boat across the harbour right upto to El Divino's for only a 1.50 euro from what I remember.

It's a nice little club. ;)

thanks for the reply

:rolleyes:

i have the strangest feeling with teh guys i am traveling with
i will not get to el davino in july.

i am how ever returning in sept, and will be in ibiza town.
think i will make an effort to get their.
:lol:

Compared to Pacha, El Divino's a bit too hot for my liking!! Get some bloody Air con in there! Also, the sound system's not as good as a lot of clubs. Terrace is nice but full of poseurs! And there's nowhere to really 'escape' if you want a quiet 5 mins.

Soul Heaven was really good there last year, but Kenny Dope had a bit of galloping horses goin' on. The best nights I've had there were Miss Moneypenny's 2 years ago. I know this sounds like I'm moaning, but honestly, it IS worth a look!

I've been there last Sept on Tom Novy's night "Follow Me". It's really a pretty club, the Terrace is cool to chill out or in (before clubbin inside). I found the sound system wasn't that bad. And the best thing were the prices: 18€(!!!) to get in, 12€ for Vodka Lemon (after my experience at Pacha: 12€ for 2dl Coke!!!!!!!!!!)... that was cool. Well, I'd say: check it out, it's worth seeing it!!!

i was there last year at the opening party (31 may) - it was wicked!! especially the terrace and its view on the sea and all those yachts...lovely...

I agree Peddy... I love El Divino. Sure, its far away from everything, but its got a very cool, chill, classy vibe about it. And I'm sorry, that terrace is just GORGEOUS. It feels like I'm at a party in a big mansion or something, with the big palatial columns.... and the moon sparkling on the water adds the perfect touch. I say go if you can :p

MONEYPENNY'S

Not been since 2000. Went to Moneypenny's in August (busiest year ever - peak season - must've been mad).
I didn't find it too busy & had the time fo my life. The parades were the wildest I have seen (this is also true of recent trips - with the exception of La Troya) and the performances were brilliant in the club. The crowd was better than Pacha too, less tourists and less standing around in the middle of the dance floor. (Pacha seems to have become 'the' postcard club to visit and tell all your friends about.)
When the sun comes up, the view across the harbour is lovely and sunshine filters in through the glass wall. (sigh)

Went to Moneypenny's last year and didn't rate it at all!

A different league altogether as Pacha.

Its OK for an inbetween night, that's all.

Just seemed like any other European club but with a nice view on the terrace.

I won't be bothering again, sorry!

Group of us were in Ibiza last year over the Radio 1 weekend.

Having been to a Manumission show for the Essential Mix we wanted somewhere else for the Monday night (a cheap night as well)

Managed to get the tickets for El Divino down to about £5 - £10 each

It was Dave Seamans 4::4 night - was excellent but that might have been cos Slam rocked the place....
...but it is a ncie venue.

I went to Miss Moneypenny's @ El Divino last year
Thoughts: small classy club, good view of water from deck, really nothing special

Went to el divino last year....it was beautiful saw dave seaman there it was really beautiful...at the end of the night i was sitting on the patio wathcing the ships dock it was amazing....
nik

gecko2 said:
The terrace is cool becuase it's right on the side of water and you can sit looking across at the castle and old town

yeah!! 8)

Image48.jpg

El devino is a stylish place with stylish people its the smallest club on the island, I think it holds about 1500 which is still pretty big
It has a nice terrace but it gets full of people who sip champagne and never dance.
The club is nice as it has a good atmosphere and they also have a Bongo Player who smiles a lot.
Its worth a visit so you can see for yourself
Roger Sanchez used to hold Release Yoself there which was a good night.
Money penny's is still at devinio and thats a good night too.

Been a few times.

Roger Sanchezs parties there were excellent in 2001, better than last year when he was at Pacha.

Moneypennys is always sh1t there in my opinion. Lots of wannabes and posers on MMP nights. Bit like it used it be in Birmingham years ago before they started letting any old nobber in.......

The view from the terrace is amazing. Always remember a HUGE 4 or 5 masted white sailing ship sailing out of the harbour and everyone on it on the deck waving to us as we were on the terrace.......

Back