Do you hate the west end?

personally think the 'west end' should be carpet bombed with napalm

preferably with all the sub-human, lowlife, tourist trash in it...

I've lived on Ibiza for five years now and one of the things that I love about it, is that everybody can come here and do their own thing and nobody is judgemental about what others are doing. Personally, I don't like the West End; I've been there a couple of times and it really isn't my thing. However, thousands of people go there each year and love it; and good luck to them. If you don't like the West End, my advice is don't go there. Ibiza is bigger than a few streets in San Antonio and if you can't see that then maybe you are holidaying on the wrong island. Ibiza has always been about being accepting of the fact that we all have different wonts and needs and not being judgemental of others whose idea of enjoyment is different from yours.

I've lived on Ibiza for five years now and one of the things that I love about it, is that everybody can come here and do their own thing and nobody is judgemental about what others are doing. Personally, I don't like the West End; I've been there a couple of times and it really isn't my thing. However, thousands of people go there each year and love it; and good luck to them. If you don't like the West End, my advice is don't go there. Ibiza is bigger than a few streets in San Antonio and if you can't see that then maybe you are holidaying on the wrong island. Ibiza has always been about being accepting of the fact that we all have different wonts and needs and not being judgemental of others whose idea of enjoyment is different from yours.

Totally agree Casper

Boardgrrrrl - where exactly will I find this place?

Cheers

Ali it's on the opposite diagonal corner to Kilties.

It was a magnet to all the eccentrics in the neighbourhood who all seemed to know d'Angel and were greeted with much gusto and back slapping (or a smooch and a pat on the bum if you were a lady - sexism does not exist for d'Angel!).

And woe betide any piss head who sat on any of his seats opposite the bar - they were sent packing with a tirade of abuse. Hilarious :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ali it's on the same street as Hush but at the other end, on the opposite diagonal corner to Kilties.

It was a magnet to all the eccentrics in the neighbourhood who all seemed to know d'Angel and were greeted with much gusto and back slapping (or a smooch and a pat on the bum if you were a lady - sexism does not exist for d'Angel!).

And woe betide any piss head who sat on any of his seats opposite the bar - they were sent packing with a tirade of abuse. Hilarious :lol:

Cheers Boardgrrrrl , will defo check it out in a week or so!

So because I like the West End I am:

a drunken idiot
a chav
a super pissed idiot
sub human
a low life
vile

Wow! There are some nice people on this Forum. thank God I never let it out of the bag that I like DJ Sammy.

So because I like the West End I am:

a drunken idiot
a chav
a super pissed idiot
sub human
a low life
vile

Wow! There are some nice people on this Forum. thank God I never let it out of the bag that I like DJ Sammy.

Well Olly knows the score and thats what he says so it must be right

I've lived on Ibiza for five years now and one of the things that I love about it, is that everybody can come here and do their own thing and nobody is judgemental about what others are doing.

I can agree and totally disagree with you on this statement, there are a lot of people that are like this and accept everyone for what they are and what they like, however over the last 10 years i have come across a lot of people who think they know best and if you dont like what they like then you are below them and dont know what you are talkign about.

I usually find its people who have been once or twice maybee worked there one season and think they are the cool gang, if you dont worship Space and bum DC10 then you dont know what your talking about. Many of these also think that if DC10 shuts down then ibiza is dead!

I find people who have repeatedly been to ibiza over a longer period of time appreciate the island as a whole and they appreciate everything to do with it.

The west end isn't great but i wouldn slate it, its part of ibiza!

i don't mind it, i wouldn't spend my whole holiday there though maybe one night per 7, it reminds me of my local town except a lot cheaper and lots more sick.:lol:

I wouldn't say I hate it. I haven't spent enough time there to form a strong enough opinion to say I hate it.

West end is good for San Antonio as it gives those who like drinking somewhere to go.......no offense but when i'm chilling in Mambo I don't wanna see pissed up people shouting and fighting.........(we didnt see any fighting at all btw, a PR told it was pretty bad)

We went to the west end about 3 times for a few drinks out of the 6 night we were there and I don't mind it but mainly ended up in HUSH which really should be located near Plastik! Perfect for a few drinks but a few of my mates prefered it there as they were skint lol

We also got told to FcUk off by some pissed up PR when we said we couldn't come in as we had a flight to catch.....welcoming end to the holiday :)

One of the proper bonuses of my Ibiza experience is we didnt see one bit of bother, not one, before I went I was a bit cautious thinking we'd end up in trouble similar to round here sometimes but on a bigger scale with us being away from home but it was champion :)

......I usually find its people who have been once or twice maybee worked there one season and think they are the cool gang, if you dont worship Space and bum DC10 then you dont know what your talking about. Many of these also think that if DC10 shuts down then ibiza is dead!

I find people who have repeatedly been to ibiza over a longer period of time appreciate the island as a whole and they appreciate everything to do with it.

The west end isn't great but i wouldn slate it, its part of ibiza!

Totally agree with you Gaz - a friend of ours who did a season out here was like "you went to the West End? You went to a ROCK bar???? You might as well have gone to Dudley - how sad are you?"

So tell me, who was the one getting it lit and having a laugh IN A ROCK BAR (ooh the shame of it) whilst you were at home in the rain hmmm......:lol:

It definitely isn't on my list of favourite places to go on Ibiza but if I end up there once or twice on my holiday does this mean I'm not 'cool' anymore? It does? Damn..... :lol:

West end is a part of Ibiza & nearly everyone who visits Ibiza will go there at least once, it serves it's purpose & it's not at all as bad as people make it out to be.

Good place to go & get pissed & experience something different-
if you have been there & don't like it then don't go back there- simple as that!...
quit moaning & **** off to another part of Ibiza!

After all I'm sure there are people that enjoy the west end that may think other parts of Ibiza are full of pretentious t*ats??

personally i think the west end is fine for a night when not visiting one of the major clubs. Ok so its got its fair share of chavs and idiots but what town in the uk doesnt? ive seen worse behavior on the streets back home than what i did there. For us it was just a cheap tacky night and as we couldnt afford to go to a club night every night through out our two week stay it was just a cheaper alternative. If you dont take it too seriously its fine and i actually enjoyed a fue of the bars there such a tropi rush and play2 was ok and its the only place i found you could get any resonablly priced drinks so it serves its purpose.:)

Back