Do you hate the west end?

I don't hate it at all, I think it's improving most years too.

Sure you get some idiots down there but that's the same for any of the 'big' clubs! You just ignore those yo don't want to be involved in and look for the fun groups, there are plenty around. There's also loads more upmarket bars popping up and that can only improve things.

If you take it for what it is you can have a great laugh down there, it makes it a all round cheaper holiday for some people and is often an introduction to Ibiza as an Island. My first visit was in 1996 and we stayed in the West End all week, I've been back every year since and always spend at least one night in the West End to see how it's changed and to reminisce.

I think too many people think it's cool to slag off the West End and San An in general.

Its OK for a laugh but pretty crass, so many people go there and think that is Ibiza!! They never get around the island perhaps thinking its very very small or not even knowing they are on an island as one girl I met last year thought and did not even know it was a spanish island - i kid you not! I put her right tho...

I dont mind it, every holiday resort is going to have a few streets were the drunken idiots go to get absolutly sh1t-faced and this is is. The feeling around the place is really fun in the right places, but its not what Ibiza is all about at all so I'd never spend more than 2 nights out of my holiday there

It is what it is... people might hate it for it's chavvery but it's Monte Carlo compared to other Spanish resorts like Magaluf for example!

Iv'e met some cool people there and it's a good place to have a cheap drink before clubbing, but like Makina says I also think 2 nights tops is enough there..

wouldnt even look at it 4/5 year ago never mind go near it .....

found myself there a few times this year.... its defo improving thats for sure!!!!!

I think I'm mellowing in my old age as I don't hate it like I used to. I can see it for what it is - a place to keep all the super-pissed idiots away from the rest of the island. And a place where a lot of people who fall in love with the island cut their teeth as per Ali Bon Tempi - I know my other half did exactly the same the first time he visited and he's just got trip No. 11 under his belt!

In fact we spent a few hours down there this holiday mainly in the MOST entertaining Es Reco bar on C.Colon drinking super strong Mojitos mixed by the legend that is d'Angel - barman, bouncer, PR, uber mullet, one with the ladies - this guy had it all!! In fact go to our group on Facebook and worship something that is worth going to the West End for http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23628989597

I think I'm mellowing in my old age as I don't hate it like I used to. I can see it for what it is - a place to keep all the super-pissed idiots away from the rest of the island. And a place where a lot of people who fall in love with the island cut their teeth as per Ali Bon Tempi - I know my other half did exactly the same the first time he visited and he's just got trip No. 11 under his belt!

In fact we spent a few hours down there this holiday mainly in the MOST entertaining Es Reco bar on C.Colon drinking super strong Mojitos mixed by the legend that is d'Angel - barman, bouncer, PR, uber mullet, one with the ladies - this guy had it all!! In fact go to our group on Facebook and worship something that is worth going to the West End for http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23628989597

Boardgrrrrl - where exactly will I find this place?

Cheers

Sorry I can't join your little group, I,m a West End supporter! What is wrong with bars like Plastik, Hush, The Eden Rooms ect. On my last visit found a great little bar called Shade. Will be visiting there on my return next week.

Each to their own it serves its purpose and many people have a good night there so in my opinion thats a good thing. I've never spent much time there but no way would I ever slag it off like some people do. All of us want a good time on hols and if they get it in the West End good luck to them

personally think the 'west end' should be carpet bombed with napalm

preferably with all the sub-human, lowlife, tourist trash in it...

It's vile and the people that work on the streets of it are even more vile. It's probably not them just the way they have to work to make money but the way they harrass you is ****.

personally think the 'west end' should be carpet bombed with napalm

preferably with all the sub-human, lowlife, tourist trash in it...
The Master speaks,we should all bow to him,in awe of his greater knowledge and experience...:x
What a nice fella....:rolleyes:

Back