Do any of you.....

:lol:

my 18 birthday. soundlab dlp3's delivered with all the kit.

my 19th birthday. said decks long sold as i realised that listening to two different songs at once was more likely to give me a fit than lead to coherent music!

still cant do it to this day, dont have a musical bone in my body.

Pissing myself laughing at that!!!!

Stanton STR8-30 decks (antiques with straight arms!!)
Gemini PS626i mixer
Some really old Sennheiser headphones
Samson Resolv speakers and base box
Thousands of records which mostly stay in boxes scattered around my house
(Old techy stuff and trance but mostly prog), the last of which i bought about a year ago.

I love how people come and visit me and screech with excitement "oh.. they still make records!!!! And why have you got 2 record players???" Lol.

I am going to start collecting 80's tunes on vinyl so at least the above people will be able to relate. Extremely boring otherwise. :)

Pair of flightcased Technics 1210s (any good offers?), Pioneer DJM600, pair Mackie SRM450s + over 30 years of vinyl collected thru DJing!!! (that takes care of the home stereo! :lol:)

Pic below taken at my former residency when I last played out with vinyl.

stateside.jpg

Gigged professionally with computers since 1998 and Laptops since 2002. Current gigging kit - Laptop, VirtualDJ, Vestax VCI-100, NI AK1 Soundcard, Maxtor 500Gb external Hard Drive and Sennheiser HD25 SP headphones.

Pic below taken while DJing at Bora Bora, Playa d'en Bossa, Ibiza. June 2008

BoraBoraBooth.jpg

Playing 80% videos of commercial chart with some house and trance thrown in. Also beatmixing Videos now!!! :eek: Use harmonic mixing on House only gigs (i.e. Ibiza). ;)

Also bought & registered programs on the laptop - Virtual Turntables (VTT), original PCDJ Red, original PCDJ Blue, PCDJ FX, Abelton Live 6 and most recently used Traktor 3.

Full picture album (DJ Setups, Equipment, Etc.) of history of DJ kit using computers thru the links in my Sig below.

Cheers
Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing 80% videos of commercial chart with some house and trance thrown in. Also beatmixing Videos now!!! :eek: Use harmonic mixing on House only gigs (i.e. Ibiza). ;)
Les

For the life of me i cant use that harmonic mixing lark. I have only had them a year though :oops::oops:

Got a pair of ariston belt drives in 95' then moved onto 1210's,kinda stopped for a couple years but got a pair of 1000mk3's,djm800,yamaha monitors an senn215 cans,stil have 1210's,over a year ago,mainly use beatport now as i dont buy vinyl due to cost and access.Got the cdjs mainly to compile music for myself but am starting to get the bug for playing out again8)

2 x 1210's running ms pinky vinyl to control Deckadance
2 x CDJ 1000's
Djm600 for scratching
2 x Allen & Heath 1d's (One for Ableton the other for Deckadance running as a VST)
1 x Padkontrol for controlling all effects and firing off samples
1 x X-session (crossfader for ableton and send controls)
1 x Motu 828 Mk2 for taking audio from Decks and CDJ's
1 x Yamaha keyboard, simple midi control of a number of soft synths running in ableton, bass line, piano line and wooshy noises currently
All run through a Mac Pro which has been stuffed full of all the ram and harddrives it'll take....

All in all a fortune spent on something that nowadays doesn't make it out of the
basement! Thank god it;s soundproofed!

Want to upgrade the keyboard next to one that has more midid controls and got a second screen coming for my birthday next week so i get more real estate to fill....

Cheers
D

Back