Dj's and your stories

_789431_stevens150.jpg

Gary Stevens

ael9r06ei5.jpg

Gary Davies

Ithangew Danielsan. Sleep easy now!;)

And usually twins have the same surname and not first name!

A riddle solved, muchos gracias Snr Buckeroo!

(No wonder he found me annoying then!)

(Gary, not Buckley!)

Space closing 2003. The now Premiere Etage was a VIP area for Philips launching a new mobile. Ended up there and chatting to (very messily :rolleyes:) Smokin jo one minute, lovely lady. And then the man himself Danny tenaglia :eek: (Stu hirst got a similiar incident form said day) again, very very nice chap. Didnt have a camera i'm afraid, (prolly a good job really)

I was in the DJ Mag arena and Charles from DJ Mag said to me "have you met Danny?". I thought Danny was just this guy from the magazine, one of the office bods. He tapped this guy on the shoulder, who turned around. Turns out it was Tenaglia. Thoroughly nice bloke !

My Ibiza claim-to-fame has to be meeting Bubbles from Bo Selecta at Cafe Mambo.

BoSelectaPIC2.jpg

"Bubbles, stop playing with ma' eequipment..."

Flew to Ibiza on 7/09/08 from Belfast... about 30 people on the flight, most of whom looked :eek: having come straight from the Planet Love weekender. Judge Jules, Eddie Halliwell and a couple of Dutch Dj's were on the flight. Lovely bunch who were all happy to talk ****e over a bucks fizz :)

I saw Roger Sanchez on our flight from Madrid to Ibiza. He seemed like he was running late and wanted to get over to island in a hurry!

When we landed in Ibiza we saw Robbie Rivera getting his bags, and James Zabiela laying down on the luggage carousel, I think the airlines probably lost his bag, he didn't look too happy!

I also spoke with Mark Knight for a good 10 min at Space this past Tuesday after his set. Great guy! I had told him I saw him in Toronto a few weeks ago. He told me Toronto is his favorite place to play in all of North America. Which was really nice hear!

Last edited by a moderator:
We got talking to Joey Negro in the VIP @ the MN2S closing Party in El Divino on Monday nite just gone and such a nicer geezer you couldn't meet, top bloke, said he was also looking forward to playing Dublin in October:)

Once had a drinking contest between me and vernon kay ended by a mightily pissed off tess daly. If looks could kill. :lol::lol::lol:

Plenty more but that's about the only one I'll put in print until the memoirs come out

I was enduring the usual 30 minute wait to pick up my rent a car at Ibiza airport last year, when a very friendly Sasha happened to walk through arrivals. Nice chap, although not looking so good these days, despite his promo photos still showing him with a full head of hair!

2868384500_f7a993695c_o.jpg

Pete Tong and his lovely wife look after my son sometimes as he plays with their kids.

Danny Rampling for some reason remembered my name this year after meeting him only once before 2 years ago for 15 minutes. Extraordainary.

I broke into Sarah Main's house once with a 10ft long pole and a piece of bent wire when she had locked herself out.

Allan''Fluff'' Freeman once told me and my friends to shut the f*ck up as we were live on the radio when he came to our youth club.

I've got a few DJ stories, but the best are:

I've told this story before on here, but I was hanging out with Danny Howells in the DJ booth one evening when he was playing in Moscow when I bore witness to an unfortunate vodka/vomiting incident.

Had a long chat with Scarlett Etienne before she played a night here in summer '07. Learned that she hadn't actually agreed to play at the El Divino night I attended a few weeks earlier, despite being advertised (the good Mr Anil Chawla made up for her absence, strictly from a musical point of view mind you). She is heavenly.

Shared an eve with Lisa "nose hose" Loud in Thailand once.

She's quite entertaining (I imagine moreso when she's not been hoofing that rubbish up her schnozzle tho)

Gee @ Bora Bora... gave him an acetate of a track i'd just finished... said he'd have a listen... a few days later, dancing on the beach to freakz - where were you when the lights went out?... suddenly heard said track being mixed in... was my birthday. 8)

Got chatting to Tim Deluxe outside Pacha... let us go in with his entourage thus avoiding the ridiculous entry fee. 8)

Shared an eve with Lisa "nose hose" Loud in Thailand once.

She's quite entertaining (I imagine moreso when she's not been hoofing that rubbish up her schnozzle tho)

haha

met her myself quite recently (not much I can add to what you said) :lol::lol:

Back