DJing at work Christmas bash.

I listened to your link, Dan and it is the same track. More than a little confused, I asked on DJH who actually did that edit and Balearic Mike responded and said the Italian names were spoofs - actually 2 aussies who run the label, but the edit is by Brennan Green. Which kind of clears that up!

I listened to your link, Dan and it is the same track. More than a little confused, I asked on DJH who actually did that edit and Balearic Mike responded and said the Italian names were spoofs - actually 2 aussies who run the label, but the edit is by Brennan Green. Which kind of clears that up!

Cheers for the heads up ;)

Oh, and this thread made me chuck on the disco playlist on my mp3 player, and it suddenly dawned on me that the gig has to be done, if for no other reason than it will probably be the only time in your life that playing the AMAZING Rub and Tug edit of Ma Baker will ever be acceptable ;)

YES! great choice, Dan - kudos to that whole combi series - the thing here however imo is that it would require great skill to expose them to a work crowd because they can be long often quite chuggy/druggy tracks and this kind of audience will invariably have a short attention span - and particularly in the case of the ladies a need for immediate vocals so I would say it's a case of fading out before the tracks get too twisted - see also peter visti - dolly (dolly parton - jolene) which is one of the best edits I've yet heard but which could be suicide in that kind of arena if left to play for too long

also on the disco side - I think Greg Wilson's Rolling Stones/Amerie/Massive Attack mash-up might work too

Olly, is Balearic Mike any relation to Taxi-Mike?*

*Only Dan may be tickled by this so feel free to ignore me

That's make me want to start going out again*. Can we find somewhere that plays stuff like this for the Xmas roadshow?8)

*"out out"

A classic, its in that little section on absolute club belters/last songs that were probably never released as such but somehow got elevated to that status eg

bruce hornsby - the way it is
Carly Simon - Why
Oh what a night - the 4 seasons

A classic, its in that little section on absolute club belters/last songs that were probably never released as such but somehow got elevated to that status eg

bruce hornsby - the way it is
Carly Simon - Why
Oh what a night - the 4 seasons

Not sure it fits with those tbf.

It's pure hard on. In a record.

Serenade a woman (or one fo the bears down at HMD) with and watch them melt.(untested) :D

these might work at an office party - most of them probably not :confused:

gnarls berkley - crazy
frankie valli - beggin - pilooski version
elton john - are you ready for love
xpress 2 - lazy (might flop badly if people have been lazy all year)
laidback - ride the white horse
blondie - rapture / doors - riders in the storm - bootleg
the turtles - so happy together (MD should appreciate this one)
Freddie Mercury - message of love (leo edit) (if they ask for Queen)
if they ask for Bee Gees, then shove Bee Gees/Cole Medina - love you inside out down their throats
glimmer twins - let's get physical

Bruce Hornsby is a true musical artist.

Enough said as I dont want to go on a rant about it.

Why?

Correct answer: That's just the way it is!

I think it's a trully abominable record, but I'm sure others disagree. Felt like it was in the Top 40 forever - each week, my finger poised on pause and then Bruno would say [through gnashed teeth] "stiiiiill at number 16 - it's Bruce"

I think it's a trully abominable record, but I'm sure others disagree. Felt like it was in the Top 40 forever - each week, my finger poised on pause and then Bruno would say [through gnashed teeth] "stiiiiill at number 16 - it's Bruce"

I suppose it's down to personal experience, reminds me of a great holiday me and my mates went on as 16yr olds in Rhyl in 1986 after we left school and years later it was a regular last song at the legendary Venus club in Nottingham.

so to quote Nick Hancock on room 101.......sorry it's not going in!!

whatever happened to Bruce Hornsby anyway?

last I heard (1991?) he was mightily peeved with Shut up and Dance :lol:

He has gone back to his bluegrass and jazz roots and is playing a lot of live gigs with some of his grateful dead buddies.

You might want to highlight my whole Ollster, ol' mucker. Or look closely at your quote from it;)

he spends his time shaking hot white coconuts from the palm tree of love nad occassionally pausing to post sweeping generalisations or vitriolic comments on chat forums about all and sundry.

Back