DJ Top 100 Poll

Olly

No longer active
yes, it's that time again...

http://www.top100djs.net/

5729_238000285281_539740281_8153763_1350568_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
DJ Derek is in his late sixties,the coolest guy in Bristol !

His tipple of choice is Old Speckled Hen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do. But you see. After I get banned from Dj 100 Poll thing.... I then plan to get banned from outer space ;).

No I just think the politics behind it is such a double edged sword. On one hand anyone who is no one will complain about how it's always the same Trance stars (Which is true) but, if they were number one they wouldn't be complaining.

It's just a popularity contest. Its great for what it is but thats it.

I It gives kids hope and ****. .. Its cute. I love seeing the no namers desperately try to get people to vote in some pathetic attempt to be number 1. Its like, halloween for Dance music I think.

fantasise all you like 'Adrian'

the truth is these polls are a desperate last gasp attempt by the dance music establishment to shore up magazine sales - when deep down they know nobody really gives a rats arse anymore apart from a few mongs.

hold on man, that doesn't make much sense?

How does an internet poll on an internet site, for which the results are posted (and mocked) on every dance music forum in the world (and then some), shore up magazine sales??

it's true the magazines have all but moved online (they had no choice) but the paper editions which sell best each year remain the poll editions, which are boosted by web publicity. However, since everything is leaked online first though - you gotta wonder if even that boost will count for shlt anymore. I mean what is the POINT of a paper dance magazine anymore? Only the collectors items like faith fanzine are worth bothering with for the historical angle.

fantasise all you like 'Adrian'

the truth is these polls are a desperate last gasp attempt by the dance music establishment to shore up magazine sales - when deep down they know nobody really gives a rats arse anymore apart from a few mongs.

What about ITM top 50? (I think Disco would know what I mean if anyone else does'nt).

I still think if you got voted number 1 you'd be wrapped especially if you knew you were ****. It's true, things like these polls are how a lot of **** Dj's get good gigs, play **** and generally bring down the standards of Dj's everywhere but, its a popularity contest man.

I've entered Dj competitions. I entered one and it was based on VOTES. I have like ****ing, 6 or something because I don't have the network skills or time to just make randoms click my name. ... But when I entered one judged on talent, in the flesh in front of a audience years ago, I wasn't the worst guy there and even made it to the regional finals for the region I applied in. Point is, a POLL is not a COMPETITION.

Olly.. I don't think theres a truth to it. I think you think your just a wee bit smarter than the establishment again. If it does nothing at all it gives 15 year old bedroom Djs a chance to make a desperate yet hopeless attempt for something. And of course, Trance DJ's a sense of security ;)

it's true the magazines have all but moved online (they had no choice) but the paper editions which sell best each year remain the poll editions, which are boosted by web publicity. However, since everything is leaked online first though - you gotta wonder if even that boost will count for shlt anymore. I mean what is the POINT of a paper dance magazine anymore? Only the collectors items like faith fanzine are worth bothering with for the historical angle.

obviously worthy of a having a whole forum dedicated to it.

i collected dance music mags for years, still have 'em somewhere in an attic in england.

yes, of course people get info online but i'm not sure that need to have something in your hand to read will ever go away. it's still more practical to take a book or mag to the beach, on the tube, in bed, etc, etc

people will read again!!

Back