Dj Harvey

Flying out Sunday with the bird. Thought I'd try something different first night instead then probably do either space or amnesia Tuesday. Question is I've just filled in details for guest list for pikes Monday night with Harvey. Has anybody been, what's it like, what music to expect, price of drinks etc as it's free to get in. Im not bothered if the music genre is totally different to what i listen to or if the drinks are pricey as it's free entry anyway. Just want people's experiences as I know what to expect and how much money to take out with me as I don't like carrying wallets with too much dough for obvious reasons, cheers.

There's only 5-10 regulars on here that i think would properly 'get' Harvey so am very interested to read reviews by others. That kind of night requires you to forget about big rooms and drops and tech for a few hours and just embrace the weirder, funkier roots of dance music. Imagine acid house with a hippy edge and disco aesthetic and you're halfway there

There's only 5-10 regulars on here that i think would properly 'get' Harvey so am very interested to read reviews by others. That kind of night requires you to forget about big rooms and drops and tech for a few hours and just embrace the weirder, funkier roots of dance music. Imagine acid house with a hippy edge and disco aesthetic and you're halfway there

The more I hear the more intrigued I am. SOunds great fun.

Going to head here early enough then hit circo loco later.

Looking forward to hearing what route he will take at Afterlife next Thursday. Should be an interesting night.

They emailed me tickets last night. Looking forward to it tbh. The other half I think will enjoy it the most as it looks intimate and very chilled atmosphere. As someone said a change from the big room and drops. We want to see the other side of ibiza. Tuesday night I'm unsure whether to do space for cox's last season or together at amnesia as that's one of my best nights.

It sounds snobby but it's true though. How many people at the big corporate clubs get to hear smacked out disco, pitched down house or 80s curveballs? you're never going to get that off your steve lawlers. I'm lucky in that i got into that scene almost by chance about 12 years ago (a lot of it is very niche) and most of the DJs i know who play it are in Croatia which is why it is exciting for me that H has brought things full circle back to where it all began

Going to head here early enough then hit circo loco later.

I'd do it the other way around - DC10 until around midnight/1am then on to Pikes. DC10 gets too busy to be enjoyable around then and you get to hear Harvey's set build.

Really enjoyed Harvey but of the Pikes nights, preferred Art's House with Artwork.

Back