Status
Not open for further replies.
Some great names:
Koze
Kink
Gerd Janson
Jimi Jules
Roisin Murphy

Now I`m anticipating the weekly linepus and the question if its +1 or +2...

is Roisin singing or DJ-ing? I didn't know she DJ-ed. She's friends with a few people I know but never seen her mention anything about DJing - so was wondering if there might be some kind of live performance

is Roisin singing or DJ-ing? I didn't know she DJ-ed. She's friends with a few people I know but never seen her mention anything about DJing - so was wondering if there might be some kind of live performance

I would guess a live PA but it doesn't say anything further yet. we'll find out.

‘It’s not what you know. It’s who you know’
I agree... but in Virgil case, is not the dj that knows important people or climb the ladder in the industry, is the promoters that like to show off that they know Virgil... they rock his clothes, they book him everywhere... is kind of a statement for them (just my opinion, guys!). I go to rave at specific events/ parties for the music, and I believe I am not the only one thinking that he is not at the same level as others he share the decks with... we all know that the clout chasing is real... but I wasn't used to see that in Circoloco, Innervisions, etc...

Regarding the lineups for this transmoderna thing, I would love to see Motor City Drum Ensemble in there, besides that, I think we will have some great friday nights at pacha! ;)

Call Super and Roisin Murphy with Dixon in Pacha. It doesn't really get much better than that in my mind.

I like the balance between live acts and DJs too. A Dixon +2 night would be pretty brilliant.

did that really happen? I know one year she was planned to appear for the closing party but then didn't and it was solomun all night long?
maybe she did another year though and I just can't remember.

Yes this is correct, I was there. In 2013 she canceled Solomun Closing last minute, and it became a Solomun All Night Long.

Dont think she has ever dj'd on that scale - heard a few radio spots but not really mixing etc...although very good nonetheless.
Would presume this to be a live date - she recently did Pbar I think? She has enough material to flesh out an hour even if she just sticks to the clubby stuff.

Dont think she has ever dj'd on that scale - heard a few radio spots but not really mixing etc...although very good nonetheless.
Would presume this to be a live date - she recently did Pbar I think? She has enough material to flesh out an hour even if she just sticks to the clubby stuff.

yep she did pbar, 45min live PA was that.

I had a listen to some Virgil sets. Pretty painful listening I'm afraid to say. Not much German 4/4 in there either. Which leads me to think that (A) Team Dixon have heard some amazing sets that eluded the rest of us or (B) he's been brought in for marketing over musical reasons. Perhaps they feel that by taking a gamble on some nights, they need more bankable 'stars' on others to balance the books? Or perhaps he's just manning the merchandise stall outside? Intriguing in any case!

I'm sorry but transmoderna roster looks like mosaic minus most of the big afterlife artists, and mosaic crashed. Still not convinced but stand to be corrected.

did that really happen? I know one year she was planned to appear for the closing party but then didn't and it was solomun all night long?

Yes this is correct, I was there. In 2013 she canceled Solomun Closing last minute, and it became a Solomun All Night Long.

Ok, fair enough. Knew she was advertised, wasn't aware she had cancelled.
Yeah, it was the closing one year.

I had a listen to some Virgil sets. Pretty painful listening I'm afraid to say. Not much German 4/4 in there either. Which leads me to think that (A) Team Dixon have heard some amazing sets that eluded the rest of us or (B) he's been brought in for marketing over musical reasons. Perhaps they feel that by taking a gamble on some nights, they need more bankable 'stars' on others to balance the books? Or perhaps he's just manning the merchandise stall outside? Intriguing in any case!
Got to be a marketing thing over ''dj'' ability are my exact thoughts, lots of back scratching between industries imo

Im happy about a good reason to see Pacha on my trip. Looks like I will be hitting up the closing party.

Anyone ever notice that if you give Dixon pointy ears he could be a Vulcan? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back