DIXON Presents... TRANSMODERNA @ Pacha 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but transmoderna roster looks like mosaic minus most of the big afterlife artists, and mosaic crashed. Still not convinced but stand to be corrected.

Less competition on Fridays tho. Only other party that could attract maybe the same ppl is that Amnesia Friday night thing

I'm a bit surprised at the line ups.. some I've never heard of and the other I thought he might do something different. All kinda done before.the live PA could turn into a fashion show type runway thing and that would be a buzz kill.. we'll have to wait and see..

I'm a bit surprised at the line ups.. some I've never heard of and the other I thought he might do something different. All kinda done before.the live PA could turn into a fashion show type runway thing and that would be a buzz kill.. we'll have to wait and see..

This is just about Dixon though isn't it? 95% of the people going are going for Dixon.

And I will be honest, I freaking love a good runway. 7am on a Saturday morning, you won't get me off it.

Would love to see Job Jobse and Jennifer Cardini on the closing night! Wonder when are they going to announce day by day line ups...

The whole Virgil thing is strange because it’s not like he has much appeal in the musical world. Can’t imagine many people are gonna buy tickets to a night to see him play, especially the kind of punters that Dixon will be targeting.

is Roisin singing or DJ-ing? I didn't know she DJ-ed. She's friends with a few people I know but never seen her mention anything about DJing - so was wondering if there might be some kind of live performance
She was on bbc 6 on Friday night probably not a quite a club set but she did play some good tunes in the 20 min or so I listened for.

Who/what is Virgil?

Don’t pretend you don’t know!

Louis Vuitton is delighted to welcome Virgil Abloh as its new Men's Artistic Director. His first show for Louis Vuitton will take place in June during Men's Fashion Week in Paris.

"It is an honour for me to accept the position of Men’s Artistic Director for Louis Vuitton. I find the heritage and creative integrity of the House are key inspirations and will look to reference them both while drawing parallels to modern times." stated Virgil Abloh.

Born in Rockford, Illinois in 1980, Virgil Abloh is an artist, architect, engineer, creative director, and designer. After earning a degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Wisconsin Madison, he completed a Master´s Degree in Architecture at the Illinois Institute of Technology in a curriculum founded by Mies van der Rohe. It was here that he learned not only about modernist design principles but also about the concept of multi-disciplinary working.

Virgil Abloh’s brand Off-White c/o Virgil Abloh™ was started in 2012 as an artwork titled "PYREX VISION". In 2013, the brand premiered a seasonal men's and women's fashion label showing runway collections during Paris Fashion Week since 2015.
Abloh has also presented his work at major design institutions around the globe by the likes of Harvard Graduate School of Design, Columbia Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation and the Rhode Island School of Design.

In 2019 he will have a major exhibition of past and current work at the Museum of Contemporary Art of Chicago, Illinois.

In 2015, Virgil Abloh for Off-White c/o Virgil Abloh™ is among the finalists of the LVMH Prize. He has been awarded various prizes, most recently winning the British Fashion Awards Urban Luxe award and International Designer of the Year at the GQ Men of the Year Awards in 2017.

I'm sorry but transmoderna roster looks like mosaic minus most of the big afterlife artists, and mosaic crashed. Still not convinced but stand to be corrected.

It will not crash because it is not competing with Eric Prydz and Resistance. It might take a while before it becomes a huge success though.

Ffs.. Voguely remember hearing something last year about some fashion guy but didn't give it second thought.. cricky this could be very shit..
And I mentioned a catwalk scenario in an earlier post..

This may be very controversial (and I’ve never seen or heard Virgil), but I suppose there is a chance that somebody can be a designer, creative and also DJ?

some good stuff on that BBC 6 show. particularly like the mad Henri Texier track with the chanting monk - been after that for years!

This may be very controversial (and I’ve never seen or heard Virgil), but I suppose there is a chance that somebody can be a designer, creative and also DJ?

I guess it depends on how good you are at multitasking.. I knew quite a few graphic designers in East London who moonlighted as DJs - some better than others (in the case of Lemon Jelly they even designed their own sleeves) - others divide time between running labels, promotional stuff, making music, liaising with venues. How they find the time to get on the practice decks at home I have no idea. But that is light years away from someone famous, with the resources to employ staff to do all the donkey work. Where it gets sinister for me is when someone is booked to DJ purely on the back of their celebrity. If they know their stuff eg Idris Elba or the guy who plays Hodor, then it's not an issue but if they are an obvious joke or circus act (Hilton, Dyer) then there is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back