Did Amanda Knox do it?

• Yes

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Not sure, but somethign dodgy

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
She's about as plain looking as they get.
I really don't see how being a psychopath makes her more attractive :confused:

Mine was a post modern take on the whole damn wrongness of wishing to grinding with a murderous temptress.

Maybe.

As far as I can see she is bang to rights. Unless the DNA evidence is wrong?

I read an interesting article on the media coverage of this trial a couple of days ago.

UK coverage - Very anti-Knox, partly due to the victim being British. One great example was an "incriminating" crime scene photo published in one paper with red smears all over the walls. The paper failed to mention that the red was not blood but a chemical used by crime scene investigators :!:

US coverage - Very pro-Knox, due mainly to the family's PR firm taking them around to give interviews to any and every one who will listen to them. It's gotten to the point of overkill.

Italian coverage - Mainly focused on Knox as femme fatale. The tabloid aspect.

It's a murky story but I still can't see why it warrants so much attention :confused:

I read an interesting article on the media coverage of this trial a couple of days ago.

UK coverage - Very anti-Knox, partly due to the victim being British. One great example was an "incriminating" crime scene photo published in one paper with red smears all over the walls. The paper failed to mention that the red was not blood but a chemical used by crime scene investigators :!:

US coverage - Very pro-Knox, due mainly to the family's PR firm taking them around to give interviews to any and every one who will listen to them. It's gotten to the point of overkill.

Italian coverage - Mainly focused on Knox as femme fatale. The tabloid aspect.

It's a murky story but I still can't see why it warrants so much attention :confused:

its a tabloid newspapers dream story surely??

I dont care if she did or not , id be right up it like a rat up a drainpipe

:rolleyes::lol::lol:

If she didn't do it she knows the real story. This all goes back to the yuts (from movie) of today not taking any responsibility for their actions. I must admit that I don't follow the story that closely.

Silvio Berlusconi will be sitting outside hoping for a go if she is released she should have plea barginned with him.

Shell be gagging for it now boys, 4 years without it. Watch out :lol:

Seriously though, how horrid for her to spend 4 years inside for a crime she (apparently) did not commit.

But the people youve got to most feel sorry for are the family of Meredith :( The killer is and has been free, I hope they get him/her !!

But the people youve got to most feel sorry for are the family of Meredith :( The killer is and has been free, I hope they get him/her !!

They still have someone locked up, don't they?

I'd rather see a guilty person go free than an innocent person punished just to look like the authorities have suceeded. If you're gonna put someone in prison for a long time, the evidence ought to be pretty watertight imo.

based on evidence collected it wouldnt have got to court over here apparently. Not that we are the upholders of truth and justice or anything

How many books and films will we see about this story? Our bizarre fascination for cases of this nature will ensure somebody gets rich from the poor girls death.

It was a shakey conviction to start with. That said, I believe she knows EXACTLY what went on even if she didn't kill her herself. Maybe karma will one day bite her in the arse and she may be compelled to reveal what happened. Who knows?

I agree. I don't believe she actually done the killing, but I do reckon they were all there and there's been a big cover up going on. Otherwise why change your story?? If you were 100% innocent you would have nothing to hide, and stick to one story the whole time (the truth).

I reckon they were all there having some drug-fuelled orgy and it got out of hand, and that Rudy guy stabbed Meredith out of fustration (he acted the most guilty!). I reckon Knox and her bf were there but tried hiding the fact that they'd been involved in the murder buy giving eachother an alibi.

Only one loser out of this horrible situation, and that's Meredith (and her family).

How many books and films will we see about this story? Our bizarre fascination for cases of this nature will ensure somebody gets rich from the poor girls death.

It's quite natural for people to have an interest in did she/didn't she cases. I think people find it hard to square how someone could seem respectable on the outside and have dark secrets, etc. Can a person be generally 'good' and still be capable of committing a horribly evil act under certain circumstances? Pyschologically it's interesting. Are human beings innately corruptable?

Of course, there's also a salacious sex angle - speaking as a bloke, a pretty girl who could be complete filth in bed is, er, interesting - although the sex game story is taking it to the extreme... (I guess Basic Instinct, from memory, is a good film example.)

I guess we'll never know for sure what happened.

I just ran across this article today when someone posted it on Fb:
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/the-neverending-nightmare-of-amanda-knox-20110627

I'll admit that all this time I was on the fence but leaning slightly towards Knox being guilty. I was even surprised by her acquittal.

But reading this, assuming the timeline is substantiated (and US mags like this do like to doublecheck their facts, unlike the UK tabs), gives a totally different view on the subject... this girl might just have had 4 years of her life stolen for no good reason.

Back