Did Amanda Knox do it?

• Yes

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Not sure, but somethign dodgy

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
I have not read any articles on the subject so not influenced by any media slant.

I just watched Knox behaviour as a person on TV and took into account her family background, friends and education.

No previous violent history, well to do family with no problems, upper middleclass education and friends and shes an American Girl.

Not the profile of a person who would slit the throat of another human being. The person who killed that Meredith girl was evil and nasty in the way that she was murdered. To slit somebodys throat takes a different grade of killer.....

I dont think Knox is that type of person and her family and friends seemed genuinely convinced of her innocence.

IMO she did not to it.

Playing Devil's advocate, do you not think well-educated people from good backgrounds capable of committing crime?

I don't have an opinion on the case bar:

1. she's hot
and
2. what i said in post #21. i haven't been following the case closely enough to know all the 'evidence'.

that Rolling Stone article seems to have alot more of the evidence / story than has been released in uk papers and based on the article it would be clear that she was innocent (and also pretty stupid in some parts) . I have never seen or heard half of those details from the uk press

that Rolling Stone article seems to have alot more of the evidence / story than has been released in uk papers and based on the article it would be clear that she was innocent (and also pretty stupid in some parts) . I have never seen or heard half of those details from the uk press
Exactly (see my post earlier re: press coverage).

Solidarity with Kercher's father, perhaps? (a UK tabloid journalist, apparently)

More than I've seen in the US press too, although most of what I read before was just AP articles so not very detailed.

Playing Devil's advocate, do you not think well-educated people from good backgrounds capable of committing crime?

On stats a female from her agegroup and social demograph is less likely of committing that style of killing.

Thats not to say they dont. There are always exceptions....but IMO she dosent look the type

On stats a female from her agegroup and social demograph is less likely of committing that style of killing.

Thats not to say they dont. There are always exceptions....but IMO she dosent look the type

Think of all the time and money that could be saved in courts if you could determine the guilt of someone just by looking at them. ;) (There have been recent murder cases here where a 'weirdo' has been fingered by the press/TV, only for them to turn out completely innocent.)

Good RS article, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indeed - was there no-one with 'intense, stary eyes' to blame?!:lol:

Think of all the time and money that could be saved in courts if you could determine the guilt of someone just by looking at them. ;) (There have been recent murder cases here where a 'weirdo' has been fingered by the press/TV, only for them to turn out completely innocent.)

Good RS article, btw.

Offender profiling and Behavioural science help solve many murders. The FBI have successfully used it to catch killers. Do you not recall Dr Lecter?:)

It's amazing what coming from a wealthy background can buy just like with the recent DSK and the hotel chamber maid saga. Also the Man U goalkeeper who got let off for eating a doughnut and not paying for it at his local supermarket, i'm sure if any of the above person's cases were done by ordinary Joe Public then one would be given no mercy, locked up and the key thrown away for a very long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ran across this article today when someone posted it on Fb:
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/the-neverending-nightmare-of-amanda-knox-20110627

I'll admit that all this time I was on the fence but leaning slightly towards Knox being guilty. I was even surprised by her acquittal.

But reading this, assuming the timeline is substantiated (and US mags like this do like to doublecheck their facts, unlike the UK tabs), gives a totally different view on the subject... this girl might just have had 4 years of her life stolen for no good reason.

Good find John, after reading the article my point of view has changed. This goes to show that you need a lawyer when dealing with the police. This also shows that if you have money for a good lawyer you can get better justice

Back