Desyn Masiello, any other dates besides...

Just read further down, and he's nothing like Digweed. Digweed tends to play straight-laced prog the majority of the time, Masiello on the other hand plays mostly funk-edged house with a lot of 80's synths and samples. Seen him live about 3 times and he's as good live as his Balance CD is. If there's any doubters just listen to the SOS essential mix. Awesome.

marco-dundee said:
WTF :eek: Desyn is pretty much the best Dj on the go just now, Youseff on the other hand is prety boring.

We're all entitled to our opinions aren't we, and my opinion is that everytime I've seen Desyn I've found him to be pretty average.

Oh and the Digweed sets I was likening him to are Digweed sets from 10 years ago not Digweed of present.

marco-dundee said:
Just read further down, and he's nothing like Digweed. Digweed tends to play straight-laced prog the majority of the time, Masiello on the other hand plays mostly funk-edged house with a lot of 80's synths and samples. Seen him live about 3 times and he's as good live as his Balance CD is. If there's any doubters just listen to the SOS essential mix. Awesome.

Yeah, finally somebody who speaks sense...:p I thinks some people have a misconception that he's progressive as he released his first compliation on John Digweeds (yawwwwn) Bedrock label, whereas he is about a progressive as my little toe which sadly isn't very:cry:
Anybody that does'nt know what he's like, download one of his sets from here, light up a bbq at the weekend, turn it up loud and enjoy:D :

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=152076

oadbyone said:
Yeah, finally somebody who speaks sense...:p I thinks some people have a misconception that he's progressive as he released his first compliation on John Digweeds (yawwwwn) Bedrock label, whereas he is about a progressive as my little toe which sadly isn't very:cry:
Anybody that does'nt know what he's like, download one of his sets from here, light up a bbq at the weekend, turn it up loud and enjoy:D :

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=152076

I don't think he's particularly progressive, I just find him bloody boring :lol: ;)

macdonsj said:
Tiga will be excellent

T in the Park couple of years ago was one of the sets of the weekend
Good news... haven't seen him play before. Really looking forward to it!

"It has just been announced by Desyn Masiello's management that he has unfortunately had to cancel his upcoming Australian tour due to personal issues.

Desyn has sent his thanks for all the continued support he has received from his Australian fans and promises that he will return to Australia sometime in the near future."

Please don't tell me that its is fatigue as suggested elsewear, if so what a wuss. Can't bear this 'footballers' syndrome, get paid a sh*t load of money for doing something most people would kill to do and moan that they are tired! For gods sake just get some sleep.:eek:

I may yet be changing my t-shirt!!!:rolleyes:

oadbyone said:
Please don't tell me that its is fatigue as suggested elsewear, if so what a wuss. Can't bear this 'footballers' syndrome, get paid a sh*t load of money for doing something most people would kill to do and moan that they are tired! For gods sake just get some sleep.:eek:

The 'official' line is fatigue but allegedly :)lol: ) it's cos he's been caning it too much ;)

oadbyone said:
"It has just been announced by Desyn Masiello's management that he has unfortunately had to cancel his upcoming Australian tour due to personal issues.

Desyn has sent his thanks for all the continued support he has received from his Australian fans and promises that he will return to Australia sometime in the near future."

it's probably not our place to judge - I doubt it is just a case of being "tired", there are all sorts of possibilities, such as Nervous Exhaustion.
Doing 4 gigs a week, the constant jetlag, not eating right, too much alcohol, lack of sleep - it can all take its toll.
I've flown to a few places and had to come back to work the next day and it ruined me for the week - I can't imagine having to do that every weekend.

Also, the physical dj'ing is such a small part of the overall job, it's a 7 day working week (yes it's a dream job for people at that level, but that doesn't mean it isn't stressful)

Suppose the body can only take so much before it shuts down! He ought to be careful though, does'nt want to start getting Sasha's reputation.

Fantastic 4 hour mix, great tracklist...

Desyn Masiello - Live At Home Club, Budapest 10-02-2006.mp3

Easy to find but obviously quite a large download.

01 Castelli & Perazzoli - On The Road
02 Ian Pooley & Magik J - Heke (Ian Pooley's Gone Balearic Mix)
03 Jaytech & Matt Rowan - Tomorrow (Original Mix)
04 Miguel Migs - Petalpushing (Ian Pooley Dub 1)
05 Wize - Heaven
06 Sesa feat. Erin - In My Life (Syke 'N Sugarstarr Instrumental Mix)
07 ID
08 ID
09 Eddie Thoneick - Together As One (Dub)
10 Mister T & Demon Ritchie feat. Prince Charles - Just You And I (Enzo Mori & Stephane Clarck Dub)
11 The Drill - The Drill (Sam Malm Remix)
12 Dave Lindbergh - Musical Hero (Gee & Lighter Remix)
13 Golfclub - Spandex (Ian Carey Remix)
14 ID
15 Madonna - Get Together (Instrumental Mix / Edit)
16 Lifelike & Kris Menace - Discopolis (Chris Lake Remix)
17 Syntax - Love Song (Eric Prydz Remix)
18 Tiger Stripes - New York New York (Main Mix)
19 Red Carpet - Alright (Brad Carter Remix)
20 Risskov Bandits - Reflections (Morjac Instrumental Mix)
21 Hott 22 - I Feel Love
22 ID
23 Raw Shape - Instant Groove (Jim Connor Remix)
24 Raw Shape - Instant Groove (Original Mix)
25 ID
26 Stitch - Jfk (Barfly Mix / Nick DK Edit)
27 Freemasons - Watchin (Dub Edit)
28 Mashtronic & Mike McGuire - Water Bloom
29 Raw Shape - Come Back (Original Club Mix)
30 Joey Negro - Make A Move On Me (Joey Negro's Old School Dub)
31 Texas - Can't Resist (Deadguys UK Remix)
32 Schlomi Aber - Inspiration
33 Lifelike & Kris Menace - Discopolis + Kings Of Tomorrow - Finally (Acapella)
34 Njoi - Anthem (Hoxton Whores Instrumental Mix)
35 Ethan - In My Heart (Blades & Masiello Edit) (With Acapella)
36 Electricano - Harmony Of Soul (David Ferrero Remix)
37 Chris Lake - Changes
38 Coldplay - Talk (Francois K Dub)
39 Damien Strong - Sunrise At Pinkville
40 16 Bit Lolitas - Sedna
41 Jam & Spoon - Find Me (Odyssey To Anyoona)
42 Lifelike - Adventure

desyn absent in el ayoun party

I was there on monday all night and deyn didnt show up. Just demi and omid, and the music was not very good, especially after the amazing music played previously at DC 10 and Space...

Well he's certainly goinna be missed at the Renaissance night. For me he's the best dj in the world just now, simply by the music he plays and the way he constructs his sets. Luke Fair is similar in a musical sense but not so technically gifted i wouldnt say. The reason i like it so much is because it sounds fresh, summery and funkier compared to most sets that are produced at the moment. 8)

Just noticed Desyn is down to play Sander Kleinenberg's 'This is...' on August 27th, week after i'm there, b*st*rd:(

Wonder if he'll turn up?

Barbie said:
The 'official' line is fatigue but allegedly :)lol: ) it's cos he's been caning it too much ;)

100% accurate.....too much for too long and now he's burnt. hopefully he will survive the summer and be back out on the road next autumn.

i saw a mention of sasha in this thread, no doubt he has the same issues but....has he ever cancelled a full leg of a tour due to this habit of his?

Back