Deadmau5

Wasnt asking if people liked him folks so chill out.

Just contributing to the listings with something that was not already added.

Deadmau5 has officially SOLD OUT, hes playing bloody READING festival this year.. Last year i saw him at Creamfields (end of august) and at Digital in Brighton (end of october) His set didnt change much, to no real surprises, but now its June and listening/watching his set at Radio 1's Big Weekend (another SELLOUT from Deadmau5) he hasnt changed a single track in his repetoir.. Hi Friend followed by Not exactly. I hope he plays exactly the same stuff in Space this year, so they never book him ever again!

moved it into the confirmed section as no-one has posted this as yet

My apologies squire. I saw this a while back, but didn't bother posting as it was 1 of only 3 Ibiza dates on his website and assumed someone else would have already posted. My bad.

A moment of humour ! Keep up the good work. C u have just recently joined Spotlight? C u in Play 2!:)

Can we meet up in Es Paradis for great LOLZZZZZZZZ!!!111111111111??

Deadmau5 has officially SOLD OUT, hes playing bloody READING festival this year.. Last year i saw him at Creamfields (end of august) and at Digital in Brighton (end of october) His set didnt change much, to no real surprises, but now its June and listening/watching his set at Radio 1's Big Weekend (another SELLOUT from Deadmau5) he hasnt changed a single track in his repetoir.. Hi Friend followed by Not exactly. I hope he plays exactly the same stuff in Space this year, so they never book him ever again!

How does playing a traditionally "non-electronic" festival or playing records that he played last year equal selling out? Like a lot of rock festivals, Reading has a dance stage featuring quite a few big dance names - including Vitalic and TCM. And I agree, he probably is a victim of caining the same records month in month out, but can't quite see how that is exactly "selling out".

He has literally sold out hasnt he? Signed up to Virgin??

Doesnt bother me, I love his music and would like to see him live, but only once, as his sets are very repetitive, but what choice do you have when you restrict yourself to playing your own stuff?

He has literally sold out hasnt he? Signed up to Virgin??

"Selling out" to me is when you only put out records to make money without any real artistic integrity, which I'm not sure signing for a big record company shows on it's own.

When an artist is doing collaborations with run-of-the-mill pop stars, engaging in really bad musical cliches, producing albums by the bucket load, altering their style to something that fits with the current mainstream fad or never off the bastard TV, then I'm inclined to start using the "sold out" tag. I'm not sure Deadmau5 qualifies for any of those reasons just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Selling out" to me is when you only put out records to make money without any real artistic integrity, which I'm not sure signing for a big record company shows on it's own.

When an artist is doing collaborations with run-of-the-mill pop stars, engaging in really bad musical cliches, producing albums by the bucket load, altering their style to something that fits with the current mainstream fad or never off the bastard TV, then I'm inclined to start using the "sold out" tag. I'm not sure Deadmau5 qualifies for any of those reasons just yet.

So Guetta then yes?

Back