Deadmau5

Doesnt bother me, I love his music and would like to see him live, but only once, as his sets are very repetitive, but what choice do you have when you restrict yourself to playing your own stuff?

He's not gonna win over any new fans by playing only his own tracks.

Are other producer's music not good enough for his sets??

He's not gonna win over any new fans by playing only his own tracks.

Are other producer's music not good enough for his sets??

I think he should be playing other people's stuff, but dont think it will happen. That is exactly why I'd only like to see him once, no point seeing him more than that

I think he should be playing other people's stuff, but dont think it will happen. That is exactly why I'd only like to see him once, no point seeing him more than that

I think this has been touched on before in another thread. Someone pointed out that he is more just a computer geek who's very good with machines and gadgets rather than being passionate about clubbing as a scene. Whether he's sold out to the mainstream or not, he will have a very short life span as a dance music "phenomenon" if he doesn't do more to integrate into the scene. As we all know, DJing is more than just playing your own records in some random order. Most punters want more than that.

I think this has been touched on before in another thread. Someone pointed out that he is more just a computer geek who's very good with machines and gadgets rather than being passionate about clubbing as a scene. Whether he's sold out to the mainstream or not, he will have a very short life span as a dance music "phenomenon" if he doesn't do more to integrate into the scene. As we all know, DJing is more than just playing your own records in some random order. Most punters want more than that.

I read somewhere that he had been producing and remixing tracks in other genres for years before he became Deadmau5.

He might well have seen the electro house scene as a lucrative market to tap into...

I've thought it before and like I said although I like his music I think he represents everything wrong with a lot of music today, it is very much manufactured rather than music from the heart.

I'm not sure how to explain what I'm saying at the minute :lol:

neilly303 your right he was under the alias of BSOD.his sets are pretty much the same tho however i agree but if it gets people dancin then you wouldnt change it!the download of his set in space was totally ruined by the guy speakin over it all the time.wish i was there to hear it live but i'll have to make do with hearin him at creamfields again this year.by the way he rocked it last year.whats happenin with him playin the mixmag terrace his year tho???he should be in one of the tents rocking a funktion1 system!!

neilly303 your right he was under the alias of BSOD.his sets are pretty much the same tho however i agree but if it gets people dancin then you wouldnt change it!the download of his set in space was totally ruined by the guy speakin over it all the time.wish i was there to hear it live but i'll have to make do with hearin him at creamfields again this year.by the way he rocked it last year.whats happenin with him playin the mixmag terrace his year tho???he should be in one of the tents rocking a funktion1 system!!

Each to their own, but personally, i wouldnt go in that tent for a piss!

I'm going to creamfields on the sat - luciano, digweed, garnier... :):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
He has literally sold out hasnt he? Signed up to Virgin??

Doesnt bother me, I love his music and would like to see him live, but only once, as his sets are very repetitive, but what choice do you have when you restrict yourself to playing your own stuff?

exactly!!

to me it's nothing to do with dance music anymore, whether he was in the first place is questionable as well.

Deadmau5 has officially SOLD OUT, hes playing bloody READING festival this year.. Last year i saw him at Creamfields (end of august) and at Digital in Brighton (end of october) His set didnt change much, to no real surprises, but now its June and listening/watching his set at Radio 1's Big Weekend (another SELLOUT from Deadmau5) he hasnt changed a single track in his repetoir.. Hi Friend followed by Not exactly. I hope he plays exactly the same stuff in Space this year, so they never book him ever again!

Sold out. :lol:

He's been making **** for chavs for years.

Deadmau5 is the only producer that I can think of in the last few years who has consistantly made such good records. Aguru, Not Exactly, Faxing Berlin etc. They are all so melodic & atmospheric, amongst a sea of mediocre releases. If I went to see him I'd want to hear that stuff for sure, nothng more annoying than going to see a producer / dj do a dj set and then not hearing a few of their most reconisable tunes - although his recent stuff is more questionable

Back