DC10 is on, on on!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang about.....

What are you all talking about here!

Who said they were going to limit the numbers?
DC10 has always been licenced for a small amount of people. They have never adhered to that. One of the reasons they are always in trouble.

Who said they were going to raise the prices to match other clubs?
Dc10 has always had an entrance price of much less than other clubs. Last time I think it was 25 Euros (Space 55 E ).

Their drinks are less too. Last time 8 euro beer and 10 or 12 euro mixed spirits.
(Amnesia 12 euro and 18 euro).

I think we should admire the promoters of DC10 who have, against great pressure carried on regardless.

I think we should admire the promoters of DC10 who have, against great pressure carried on regardless.

they have also been unbelievably reckless in how they've gone about doing it too

i reckon antonio will open it for a day, get the whole hype going again before it's shut after a few hours or if lucky, a few weeks.

they have also been unbelievably reckless in how they've gone about doing it too

i reckon antonio will open it for a day, get the whole hype going again before it's shut after a few hours or if lucky, a few weeks.

Let's face it...they know and everybody knows that they will never be granted a proper licence.
However they have been for the 8 years or so an Ibiza Icon whose presence has been benificial to adding to the kudos which is attributed to Ibiza as being the number one clubbing destination in the world.
They and some others do push the limits agreed. ... A lot of others used to but have succomed to the numerous problems involved.
Will we ever see another Dirty Diamonds Party?
Without the depth that these legendary events offered then all we are left with are ever increasingly commercial clubs without the profound exclusivity and out of this world craziness that we all know and love.
The governing body of Ibiza should be careful what it wishes for.

Dc10 has always had an entrance price of much less than other clubs. Last time I think it was 25 Euros (Space 55 E ).

25 Euros is expensive.

Granted, perhaps not by Ibiza rip off standards.

(errrr it used to be free in 99.)

Let's face it...they know and everybody knows that they will never be granted a proper licence.
However they have been for the 8 years or so an Ibiza Icon whose presence has been benificial to adding to the kudos which is attributed to Ibiza as being the number one clubbing destination in the world.
They and some others do push the limits agreed. ... A lot of others used to but have succomed to the numerous problems involved.
Will we ever see another Dirty Diamonds Party?
Without the depth that these legendary events offered then all we are left with are ever increasingly commercial clubs without the profound exclusivity and out of this world craziness that we all know and love.
The governing body of Ibiza should be careful what it wishes for.

dc10 stopped being truly underground many years ago. i also find it amusing that everyone, and i mean EVERYONE, says they go there all the time, when clearly they don't and if they did they'd probably hate the fact you can't move for some crazy italian taking a photo every 5 seconds.

it's like one of those myths of if everyone who says they go, was actually going, there would be 10,000 people there every week.

the dirty diamonds party to me has nothing to do with clubbing.

the question is...

who's gonna try it anyway?

probably not, although will see what rumours are flying about when I arrive tonight :rolleyes:

have never been but given all the comments on here i might be tempted, see what state i am in come monday ... was planning Blue Marlin instead :D

Never be the same?

Comment likes this often make me ask questions.

I have been to Ibiza 7 times since 2002, missing 1 year. Last year I made it to Circo Loco for the first time. Why? Normally at We Love and simply could not face DC10 on Mondays.

Last year I did however and so glad I did. To me, it was mental and totally different to anything else I had been to in Ibiza in all the 7 visits. On top of that, I had the pleasure of downing bottles of Heino for only €6 - Well done DC10 on that account! :)

Now my question is - I read and hear people say, Ibiza / Clubbing will never be the same and now DC10 will never be the same? What exactly went on there that makes it so different to DC10 today?

People always look back saying "it will never be the same!" "those were the days!" People change, people get older and their opinions change. Im certain there are first timers going now who enjoyed it just as much as I did first time round.

Im glad to say, I adore Ibiza, Nowhere makes me as happy and I look forward to nothing as much as it! I love it and always will and am so happy that I was taken there by my good friend DK in 2002.

Je suis allez a la Discotecha!! :)

Never be the same?

Comment likes this often make me ask questions.

I have been to Ibiza 7 times since 2002, missing 1 year. Last year I made it to Circo Loco for the first time. Why? Normally at We Love and simply could not face DC10 on Mondays.

Last year I did however and so glad I did. To me, it was mental and totally different to anything else I had been to in Ibiza in all the 7 visits. On top of that, I had the pleasure of downing bottles of Heino for only €6 - Well done DC10 on that account! :)

Now my question is - I read and hear people say, Ibiza / Clubbing will never be the same and now DC10 will never be the same? What exactly went on there that makes it so different to DC10 today?

People always look back saying "it will never be the same!" "those were the days!" People change, people get older and their opinions change. Im certain there are first timers going now who enjoyed it just as much as I did first time round.

Im glad to say, I adore Ibiza, Nowhere makes me as happy and I look forward to nothing as much as it! I love it and always will and am so happy that I was taken there by my good friend DK in 2002.

Je suis allez a la Discotecha!! :)

Ibiza will be the same.

Look at Space - it has morphed and changed from the 'best club in the world by a million miles' to just another club in PDB.

New clubs come - starting as an al fresco BBQ by a swimming pool and all of a sudden, ten years later, they've got about a million terraces and are a massive commercial enterprise.

Circoloco have achieved an awful lot since opening and good luck to them!

If they ever get over this 'closures' patch then they'll continue onwards and upwards on fine form.

Meanwhile - underneath, there will always be the special stuff which crawls out of the woodwork like nastydirtysexmusic, circoloco of old, KM5 (when they used to throw regular parties), Jockey Club, villa parties etc etc...

The same happens in London - secretsundaze is allegedly about to be bettered by a smaller & less commercial concern called lo-kee.

(ss are now charging £20 entry and holding parties in Miami etc - a tad different to when they started as a small gathering of mates with a bit of food and a few beers at 93 ft east!)

It's not a criticism of Ibiza, more an acknowledgment that things move, change and grow.

Wassat? Some kind of construction firm?

They're either building luxury flats on top of it or adding a few VIP areas and a covered terrace. :lol:

Doesnt sound good, hopefully its just maintenance work to get the club to comply with health and safety regulations! (maybe a condition of a new licence)

just speculation of course

Well lets hope they keep the roof!

Can't imagine what it must be like incubating yourself in rubber at 30 degrees. :confused:

The dance floor... have to say... this is not looking good.

digger-in-construction-site.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back