D.O.B on CV ?!...

Sadly where I work (insurance recruitment agency in the City) if someone puts their photo on their CV and looks attractive, 9 times out of 10 they will be called in to be registered.

Just sadly the way things still work (sometimes)

We by law cannot send a CV forward with a date of birth on so whether you put it on is up to you.

We by law cannot send a CV forward with a date of birth on so whether you put it on is up to you.

Is this the case for all recruitment agencys ?!

I have heard from manier people that work up town that some people will employ someone who is less qualified but better looking than someone who is well qualified but many isnt so attractive :eek:

I do get the odd comment from one of my Directors, esp after hes a had a few, but meh lucky for him i jst let it go :rolleyes:

Is this the case for all recruitment agencys ?!

I have heard from manier people that work up town that some people will employ someone who is less qualified but better looking than someone who is well qualified but many isnt so attractive :eek:

I do get the odd comment from one of my Directors, esp after hes a had a few, but meh lucky for him i jst let it go :rolleyes:

Yeah think so (recruitment agency wise)

Second comment is probably true :rolleyes: (def at my place!)

Third comment - same as me, get lots of comment on nights out (not just me but other girls too) and sometimes in the office - have to smile sweetly, its just accepted here

Yeah think so (recruitment agency wise)

Second comment is probably true :rolleyes: (def at my place!)

Third comment - same as me, get lots of comment on nights out (not just me but other girls too) and sometimes in the office - have to smile sweetly, its just accepted here

Interesting...

God yeah thats all to familiar the, smile sweetly and swiftly move away whilst thinking 'you sleezy b*stard :evil: ' :lol:

In my department at work the 3 bosses are all female, looks definitely work against you if you are female. We've not had one (what i would call attractive) new employee for ages even though many have applied. I've had female friends who are more qualified & have more experience than I am but don't even get a look in.

On the other hand, the department on the floor above is run by a bloke and he has 7 very good looking women in his department... :)

In my department at work the 3 bosses are all female, looks definitely work against you if you are female. We've not had one (what i would call attractive) new employee for ages even though many have applied. I've had female friends who are more qualified & have more experience than I am but don't even get a look in.

On the other hand, the department on the floor above is run by a bloke and he has 7 very good looking women in his department... :)

When they recruited for our new receptionist (to replace me as I got promoted) it was quite clear who they were going to pick out of 3 girls who came in.

The one that looks like a model with humungous boobs :eek::lol:

When they recruited for our new receptionist (to replace me as I got promoted) it was quite clear who they were going to pick out of 3 girls who came in.

The one that looks like a model with humungous boobs :eek::lol:

Unfortunately for me, my boss once said '....you make the front desk look good' :rolleyes:

Thanks Derek you f**kin twat i do also keep this whole office organised and running proffesionally :evil:

Unfortunately for me, my boss once said '....you make the front desk look good' :rolleyes:

Thanks Derek you f**kin twat i do also keep this whole office organised and running proffesionally :evil:

Its kind of flattering, kind of not. I worked the reception for a few years so nice to know they dont think of me as some munter but still..............kind of weird and awkward at the same time.

I put ours down to it being an old fashioned company.

Its kind of flattering, kind of not. I worked the reception for a few years so nice to know they dont think of me as some munter but still..............kind of weird and awkward at the same time.

I put ours down to it being an old fashioned company.

ditto

+1

In America you ladies would have a sexual harassment case even if you do look good. The comments would not go over in America at the work place.

In America you ladies would have a sexual harassment case even if you do look good. The comments would not go over in America at the work place.

Thing is nobody would really back it up here, its a privately owned company but about 7 directors all over 40 plus......even our HR department isnt really a proper HR department so to speak

i don't know how the girls last on our trading floor. in fact, they very rarely do. and the ones that do last 'love it'.

often i wheel away from conversations cringing at some of the banter.

i don't know how the girls last on our trading floor. in fact, they very rarely do. and the ones that do last 'love it'.

often i wheel away from conversations cringing at some of the banter.

Luckily the girls up stairs is a lezza :lol: and works amongst 3 male surveyors...the banter is crazy and she puts up with it quite well, if it were me,im sure id get pissed off with it from time to time :rolleyes:

Back