D.O.B on CV ?!...

xxVic-zeexx

Just smartening up my CV and was chatting to my younger sister about hers etc and the whole should you or shouldnt you put your date of birth on there came up :confused:

Personally ive always had it on there, so what do other people think about it....

Just smartening up my CV and was chatting to my younger sister about hers etc and the whole should you or shouldnt you put your date of birth on there came up :confused:

Personally ive always had it on there, so what do other people think about it....

This is just an American perspective, because of age discrimination age is left off. I would not put it on and I never would.

Working at a recruitment agency it doesnt matter if its on or not due to age discrimination.

Even if people dont put it on you can still kind of work out their age by their school dates....in the UK anyway

Working at a recruitment agency it doesnt matter if its on or not due to age discrimination.

Even if people dont put it on you can still kind of work out their age by their school dates....in the UK anyway

Yep, I've interviewed a fair few and it is annoying if it's not there, meaning the school / university dates need to be used instead.

Put it on (IMHO).

The only reason i would leave it on there is to save people working it out lol.

As much as theres all this age discrimination shizz,people are still,imo, going to want to know the age of someone etc :rolleyes:

I would always leave it off to....but in your case i would always attach a pic ;)

Some people actually do this though dont they :confused:

I personally wouldnt do it, all it gives off is 'LOOK AT ME' again the whole discrimination shizz comes into it....i just hope my CV is enough to get an interview then go from there ;)

Bad thing is,i did actually get a job on the way i look,but that was ALSO due to the nature of the job,a spa therapist 8)

it's illegal here to put on age on your CV

Also, I don't think you can really tell by looking at school dates. I don't put my school on my CV, but I do put my university degrees and I took some time off during my first one and then just recently finished another one and I'm almost 34. So I guess they could look at dates from my first degree, but you can't really tell.

But yeah, here they can't ask you your age and you can't put it on a CV either.

This is all wonky anyway, in lots of jobs and places, age/sex/race discrimination goes on, even if not intentionally meant to be evil.

Therefore, if your hide your age, when the person meets you and discusses work and background, and sees what you look like.....if age is an issue, then you're screwed anyway, instead you've just been wasting your time all along.

For someone who isn't bothered about your age, it'd be no problem to have on your cv in the first place. !!

always put your age on

don't stick your photo on (unless you're applying to be a model..)

age on cv

From my point of view as an employer, and having looked at 1000s of cvs, I like to know someones date of birth, for example I received a great cv recently, from someone who sounded ideal for the job advertised, it turned out he was only 17 and too young to legally do the job he was applying for.. it would have saved a lot of time wasting on both parts to have known this from the outset.

From my point of view as an employer, and having looked at 1000s of cvs, I like to know someones date of birth, for example I received a great cv recently, from someone who sounded ideal for the job advertised, it turned out he was only 17 and too young to legally do the job he was applying for.. it would have saved a lot of time wasting on both parts to have known this from the outset.

See thats when age is necessary....like anything theres never aright or wrong :confused:

it's possibly the least important information on your cv

trying to persuade a potential employer that you are better than the other 8,999 people after the same job is one of the biggest headache inducers on the planet and should always be your priority #1

Back