Crime in Ibiza??

andivokes said:
Hmm, in hindsight perhaps I didnt phrase that particularly well!

But I do think that girls should make every effort to walk in groups, or at the very least in couples. Maybe you will be lucky enough to avoid any problems, but it just makes sense to avoid walking alone.

I didnt mean for one minute that any girl walking alone is asking to be raped... but she sure isnt doing herself any favours! We have to be realistic, this isnt the world our parents grew up in and we all have to exercise caution these days!

I think this point of view is a bit sexist. Stay at home because you don't have a bf to drop you back :eek:
Probably here in spain it's more common to see girls alone. I often travel alone and never had any problem. Just a bit of common sense it's enough.
Anyway, probably here in spain is more common to see girls on their own.

Call it sexist if you want, but I aint saying stay at home and I aint saying dont go out if you are on your own... I am only saying that girls are typically at a much higher risk of attack if they ARE on their own! I think the chances of me getting raped while I am on my own are somewhat lower... if you want to argue against that then go ahead!

Probably wherever you come from it's a risk to walk on your own if you are a girl (and it's a great shame). In my opinion, in the place where I live it sounds sexist. Probably something about culture? And probably sexist is not the word, you are right, but it's the closest I could find.

I think I'm free to give my opinion. Don't get offended, it wasn't my intention. But it sounds wierd to me to hear this kind of things. ;)

I wasnt offended, I think it is more a case of difference in culture, where it is clearly a lot safer for girls to walk the streets over there than it is here. I would not call it sexist, I think "unfair" is a better word for it, but that is the case where girls are advised to avoid walking alone wherever possible.

Its just something that we cant help but worry about, even when in a place like ibiza where people generally dont seem to run into many problems.

I still think its not worth putting yourself at risk no matter where you are... even the guys arent totally safe out there!

Ibiza is safe!
Just use a bit of street wizeness & you"ll be fine.
One word of warning - watch out for groups of black African women - if they approach you, tell them in plain loud English to f**k right off!
Make no mistake - those bitches will rip you off.
They had me on the seafront one night outside Itaka & Bar M :evil:

You're from south florida, and you're worried about crime elsewhere?, lol. :D
I just got back from Ft Lauderdale, never seen so many people being pulled over by police in my life!

Phat Kev said:
Ibiza is safe!
Just use a bit of street wizeness & you"ll be fine.
One word of warning - watch out for groups of black African women - if they approach you, tell them in plain loud English to f**k right off!
Make no mistake - those bitches will rip you off.
They had me on the seafront one night outside Itaka & Bar M :evil:

i had problems with them once whilst i was walking alone (not through choice), but you get problems everywhere in the world...i think its pretty safe but i am very aware.

a general tip, muggers like to mug people at cashpoints at about 11:45pm so they can get the maximum withdrawal limit for two days...that applies especially in the UK

Back