Cosy Sunday pubs

Clapham came up in conversation last night and my mate said he hated it because: 'it's full of graduates who still want to live as students even though they're in full time employment'. Discuss.

I'm undecided - spent a lot of time around there in the couple of years pre the current and enjoyed it, but I can see what my pal's saying. He also said that people move there from around the country claiming to love London's multi-cutural society but that Clapham's only got English people and Antipodeans and no else. Discuss futher.

Buckley said:
Clapham came up in conversation last night and my mate said he hated it because: 'it's full of graduates who still want to live as students even though they're in full time employment'. Discuss.

I'm undecided - spent a lot of time around there in the couple of years pre the current and enjoyed it, but I can see what my pal's saying. He also said that people move there from around the country claiming to love London's multi-cutural society but that Clapham's only got English people and Antipodeans and no else. Discuss futher.

Agree.

It's a nice place, but give me Bethnal Green any day. :lol:

Barbie said:
Holly G said:

I feel much more at home in Bethnal Green than in Clapham :lol:

We prefer it dirrrrrty don't we? :lol:

I was in a pub called the Frog and Forget Me Not near Clapham Common recently and it was full of sloaney girls and chumps in slacks. Not cool. :lol:

Holly G said:
Buckley said:

Agree.

Is that because of the proliferation of good old fashioned East End weddings? :lol:

Holly G said:

I was in a pub called the Frog and Forget Me Not near Clapham Common recently and it was full of sloaney girls and chumps in slacks. Not cool. :lol:

I always feel like I have to be on my bestest behaviour in Clapham whereas in Bethnal Green it's perfectly acceptable behaviour to wander the streets in your nightie on a Sunday morning and nobody looks twice :lol: ;)

The diiiiiiirrrrtier the better :D

Holly G said:
Barbie said:
Holly G said:

I feel much more at home in Bethnal Green than in Clapham :lol:

I vaguely remember a pub (it deffo wasn't a 'boozer' :lol: ) called The White Horse that was/is better known as 'The Sloaney Pony' too.

cookie said:
Barbie said:

Are you trying to say my manor's diiiiirrrrrty? :twisted:

It's only you lot that lower the tone :rolleyes: :lol:

It is compared to where I live. My manor's all fields and trees and yummy mummies with babies on the back of their bicycles. :eek:

Dirrrrrty is good. :D

Holly G said:
It is compared to where I live. My manor's all fields and trees and yummy mummies with babies on the back of their bicycles. :eek:

..........and then you and Lorna lounging in your sexy grey bed outfits :lol: ;)

Buckley said:
cookie said:
Barbie said:

Are you trying to say my manor's diiiiirrrrrty? :twisted:

It's only you lot that lower the tone :rolleyes: :lol:

I think there's some confusion Jamie, they said your manner was dirty :lol:

Although they might have meant your 'manna' was dirty, but I don't know if they dish out filthy bounty from him upstairs :?:

Back