Cost of Alcohol?

alcohol comes in many forms in ibiza. beer, wines, spirits, etc.

did you have any specific type in mind?

alcohol

a good bottle of wine can be had for about 15/20 euros - other plonk can be had from about 2.50 - a litre of spirit, gin for example can be as little as about 8 euros( 2002 prices) :eek:

anna would say,....damn thats cheap... 8) ...i think sweden have the highest prices all over europe!

Sweden does, and they have STUPID laws regarding booze!
(the government controls how much you purchase! crazy!)

Regarding Wine, way too much to say 20 Euro! You can get a very nice bottle for 10 or less!

wine

I did say a good bottle at 15/20 euro - say a decent Rioja which would cost the same in pounds at home - if you want glugging juice or teeth wetters, a few euros is adequate

There are some acceptable table wines for less than 6 euros. But if you want to taste good wines just buy a "crianza" labeled, specially Rioja, Ribera del Duero or Penedés. For special dates, those labeled "reserva" or "gran reserva". Don't buy them packed in tetra brik, they're plonk.

Since I'm talking about wines, another advice for those who didn't know before. Red wine for meat and pasta, white wine for fish, sweet wine or champagne for desserts (not common though), rosé goes with almost everything.

;)

wine

I always try to afford a couple of gran reserva rioja during each stay but in the beach restaurants, the white house plonk er vino blanco seco de la casa or something like that is more than gluggable - I ask again, what is "served in an ice bucket" in Spanish

Maybe you're referring to "Sangría", which is a typical Spanish drink made with wine, some spirits and juices, sugar, fruit and ice cubes all served in a jug.

Delicious when it's hot.

Ok ok, I actually know what you want.

You mean you want the bottle served inside an ice bucket to keep it cold, huh?

Well, I'll advise you that not all wines are drunk cold. The sparkling wines can be served cold, red wines are served at 18º C, except e.g. sweet wines like Lambrusco which are served cold. You should get informed.

Anyway you have to say: "dentro de una cubitera" or "en una cubitera".

TigerVlc said:
Ok ok, I actually know what you want.

You mean you want the bottle served inside an ice bucket to keep it cold, huh?

Well, I'll advise you that not all wines are drunk cold. The sparkling wines can be served cold, red wines are served at 18º C, except e.g. sweet wines like Lambrusco which are served cold. You should get informed.

Anyway you have to say: "dentro de una cubitera" or "en una cubitera".

"You should get informed"

Are you taking the p#ss or what - I have been drinking wine for 30 odd years and think I can find my way past the label to recognise colour and how to drink it and with what - it was just the bl##dy Spanish for icebucket that was causing me grief :evil: - thank you for that

You're welcome, charming dude. Didn't pretend to offend you. I sometimes think I don't understand your mood. What have I said?? :rolleyes:

Ibiza-girlie said:
Sweden does, and they have STUPID laws regarding booze!
(the government controls how much you purchase! crazy!)

Regarding Wine, way too much to say 20 Euro! You can get a very nice bottle for 10 or less!

Yes alcohol is expensive here, but no one, not even government controls how much you purchase! I have to say that it was one of the craziest things I´ve heard about Sweden!! :)

I think Sangria is one of the cheappest drinks in Spain. The last time I was in Barcelona you have to pay 2 Euros for a jug. And on New Year´s Eve we even got it for free in my hostel. You could drink as much as you could/wanted during 1-1,5 hour. ;)

It´s always nice with water, especially in the morning after a long night session, or just cool down on a hot day.

Back