Cost of Alcohol?

I always found that alcohol from the Supermarkets was really really cheap compared to English prices, especially for beer/vodka/schnapps/absynth. For example you can get a big bottle of vodka for €4-8, perhaps slightly more for branded vodka like smirnoff. San Miguel beer especially is really cheap in the supermarkets, about €1 for a big bottle last year!

You're true Muel. Alcohol in supermarkets is relatively cheap.

However it cannot be consumed outdoors (except drinks ordered on terraces) at the risk of being fined. I know there are people who know this, but I hope this helps people who didn't know before. This was my intention in other cases, but was not understood by some touchy people.

I believe beer can be consumed everywhere outdoors, but not spirits.

So, supermarket drinks are a good choice for a pre-drink in the hotel/ apartment.

TigerVlc said:
You're true Muel. Alcohol in supermarkets is relatively cheap.

However it cannot be consumed outdoors (except drinks ordered on terraces) at the risk of being fined. I know there are people who know this, but I hope this helps people who didn't know before. This was my intention in other cases, but was not understood by some touchy people.

I believe beer can be consumed everywhere outdoors, but not spirits.

So, supermarket drinks are a good choice for a pre-drink in the hotel/ apartment.
Thats what we often did last year especially towards the end of the holiday when money was tight, we'd get some beer/spirits and mixers and have a few drinks before we went out back in the apartment.

Great way to save some money, chill on the balcony with some drinks and watch the sun go down with some tunes playing in the background! Then later on go out clubbing and have a great time!

TigerVlc

To another poster:
"Since I'm talking about wines, another advice for those who didn't know before" - perfectly helpful and polite

To another poster
"I know there are people who know this, but I hope this helps people who didn't know before" - again helpful and polite

To me
"Well, I'll advise you that not all wines are drunk cold. You should get informed." - very different tone adopted

and you refer to me as touchy? :confused:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry if I don't express myself correctly in English, I always tried to be polite and helpful not only for you but to people who read what I told you, didn't u think that possibility before going on the defensive?, didn't know you were an expert in wines, man. One thing is sure, there's some lil' trouble there inside your brain.

" didn't u think that possibility before going on the defensive?"

- no

" didn't know you were an expert in wines, man."

- I am not

" One thing is sure, there's some lil' trouble there inside your brain"

- and now insults

what a charmer you are but I refuse to get drawn and will not answer any further posts on this matter

Back