☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in the UK believing that on 21st June, or the equivalent in whatever region you're in, we magically go back to 2019 way of life are going to be sorely disappointed I think. Just a head's up now

It was always going to be gradual easing. Even after the current announced tiers (when haven't there been some form of tiers during this crisis?)
I don't think we will necessarily return to the '2019 way of living' on 21st June, as I think testing may be required for large scale events (festivals, sports stadiums etc), particularly for those who are not vaccinated, however I'd be surprised if that caused more uproar as it seems fair enough in my opinion.

I am very confident that the rest of the restrictions will fall away. Summer 2020 we reached the point of 20th June, as in everything was up to the point of 21st June changes. If vast majority of the UK population has been offered a vaccine, including 2nd doses for all at risk groups, then I don't see any risk around that 21st June reopening.

International travel is a different beast unfortunately and is more problematic to sort out, but I see nightclubs, festivals etc all starting up again from 21st June (perhaps subject to a negative test or vaccine).

In Liverpool, there will be 2 test events on 30th April and 1st May. Each event will have a 3,000 capacity and no social distancing. The only requirement is that all attendees have a test before the event and then a few days later. These events are not looking at vaccine certification, only testing.

In Liverpool, there will be 2 test events on 30th April and 1st May. Each event will have a 3,000 capacity and no social distancing. The only requirement is that all attendees have a test before the event and then a few days later. These events are not looking at vaccine certification, only testing.
Thats good news they really need to start testing events a lot now so we can open up these mass events but do it safely,

The only gripe with this testing is, how many people are going to be a position where their work are going to accept the fact if they test negative after an event.. will cause loads of chew people will just either lie or come under some scrutiny

It's an awkward one like, you could always just not say your plans a suppose

Proper grappling with whether to ask for a 2nd dose of AZ next week at start of week 7 instead of end of week 11 and would appreciate some help from someone who can understand the reporting better than I can.

Tried to read for myself what the actual studies say because there seems to be differing criteria in respect of which the term "vaccine efficacy" is applied, depending on whether you're talking about single dose or timing of second dose studies. For example efficacy in the context of first dose seems only to relate to symptomatic covid rather than total covid infections.

It's not clear to me what efficacy relates to in the context of a 2nd dose given <6 weeks versus at 12 weeks. Perhaps there's a bigger report underneath this somewhere that explains it better but this is all I have found by googling (newspapers no real help at all understanding the detail lol !) >>

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00432-3/fulltext

In a nutshell, does this suggest that ALL infections (symptomatic and asymptomatic) reduced by 55% after 2nd dose <6 weeks after first versus 85% of ALL infections prevented after 2nd dose given 12 weeks after first ? Or does it just say that the stronger antibody immune response was found in lab tests of blood samples from these people exposed to virus in a lab setting to see which neutralized more virus .... or something else 🤷‍♂️ 🤣

The only gripe with this testing is, how many people are going to be a position where their work are going to accept the fact if they test negative after an event.. will cause loads of chew people will just either lie or come under some scrutiny

Thats a good point, you only have to mention in passing to someone at work that you are off to football/concert/theatre/rave that weekend and then if you test positive after some crap bosses would look down on you, when really you could have caught the virus anywhere.

Proper grappling with whether to ask for a 2nd dose of AZ next week at start of week 7 instead of end of week 11 and would appreciate some help from someone who can understand the reporting better than I can.

Tried to read for myself what the actual studies say because there seems to be differing criteria in respect of which the term "vaccine efficacy" is applied, depending on whether you're talking about single dose or timing of second dose studies. For example efficacy in the context of first dose seems only to relate to symptomatic covid rather than total covid infections.

It's not clear to me what efficacy relates to in the context of a 2nd dose given <6 weeks versus at 12 weeks. Perhaps there's a bigger report underneath this somewhere that explains it better but this is all I have found by googling (newspapers no real help at all understanding the detail lol !) >>

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00432-3/fulltext

In a nutshell, does this suggest that ALL infections (symptomatic and asymptomatic) reduced by 55% after 2nd dose <6 weeks after first versus 85% of ALL infections prevented after 2nd dose given 12 weeks after first ? Or does it just say that the stronger antibody immune response was found in lab tests of blood samples from these people exposed to virus in a lab setting to see which neutralized more virus .... or something else 🤷‍♂️ 🤣

COMMENT​

This analysis confirms and extends the interim efficacy findings (NEJM JW Infect Dis Feb 2021 and Lancet 2020 Dec 8; [e-pub].). The current data indicate that, after a single dose, the AZD1222 vaccine's efficacy through 90 days is 76.0% — and that delaying the second/booster dose for ≥12 weeks may yield substantially greater efficacy. These findings should help inform decisions about delaying the booster dose of AZD1222 vaccine to increase the number of people receiving at least one dose.

Guess longer delay is better for AZ🤷‍♂️

Guess longer delay is better for AZ🤷‍♂️

Yeah, that bit I got, but it's a case of is it really THAT much of a better idea for me rather than in the context of the macro policy pandemic policy. Against waiting :

1) There's so much swithering and uncertainty over AZ don't want to get caught up in supply issues in May. Can't trust a word anyone says on vaccine supply questions !

2) 2 week wait until 2nd dose becomes effective and desperate to feel comfortable going out to club runs etc. Going next week means probs confident to go out by end of the month versus end of May. Right now that's a massive difference given where my head is at home, i.e. on the brink on meltdown regularly.

3) Risk factor out there about to increase a lot next week and AZ as good as useless against asymptomatic/mild infection after 1 jab. So could easily end up a carrier for weeks longer if I wait.

4) Only personal concern on my own behalf after mum fully vaccinated is long covid from post-jab infection even if that's mitigated between now and end of May. No data on that.

If I'd had pfizer I would have 2nd at 7 weeks if they were willing to do it. AstraZ works differently and was all I could access, so got to weigh up whether what you get at 7 weeks and to feel freer in May is worth sacrificing a bit more protection and peace of mind from waiting another month. Still can't make my mind up !

Why would you tell work plans or where you have been? No need at all.

Thats a good point, you only have to mention in passing to someone at work that you are off to football/concert/theatre/rave that weekend and then if you test positive after some crap bosses would look down on you, when really you could have caught the virus anywhere.
Absolutely, I tend to do this now anyway, try to not air my plans as if I'm intending to go away for the weekend clubbing or whatever and know there's a good chance come the Mondays return and you've not put the pieces back together yet (random nose bleeds and so on) 😄 it's easier to blag having a down day to not feeling well if they don't know you've been on a big one

But yeah, I think there must be a line in the sand if this is the way forward to say people must get on with what they normally do and if the contract the virus when doing whatever there must be no repercussions (easy said I know)

Why would you tell work plans or where you have been? No need at all.
I dont, others do.. you can't go out in town nowadays without ending up on handful of snapchats, instas whatever, I know loads of people at my work for say its easier said than done

Yeah, that bit I got, but it's a case of is it really THAT much of a better idea for me rather than in the context of the macro policy pandemic policy. Against waiting :

1) There's so much swithering and uncertainty over AZ don't want to get caught up in supply issues in May. Can't trust a word anyone says on vaccine supply questions !

2) 2 week wait until 2nd dose becomes effective and desperate to feel comfortable going out to club runs etc. Going next week means probs confident to go out by end of the month versus end of May. Right now that's a massive difference given where my head is at home, i.e. on the brink on meltdown regularly.

3) Risk factor out there about to increase a lot next week and AZ as good as useless against asymptomatic/mild infection after 1 jab. So could easily end up a carrier for weeks longer if I wait.

4) Only personal concern on my own behalf after mum fully vaccinated is long covid from post-jab infection even if that's mitigated between now and end of May. No data on that.

If I'd had pfizer I would have 2nd at 7 weeks if they were willing to do it. AstraZ works differently and was all I could access, so got to weigh up whether what you get at 7 weeks and to feel freer in May is worth sacrificing a bit more protection and peace of mind from waiting another month. Still can't make my mind up !
Do it, do it, do it

N.Ireland
Completely backwards place.
We have had 6 nights in a row of riots and cars being set alight here this week and I'm not even sure what the the riots are about this time. Even when I Google it Im still not sure lol
Brexit related I think.
Stopped caring.
Just seen footage of them setting a bus on fire and it all kicking off:oops:

Do we know how they will prove they’ve done the test before attending?

I dont, others do.. you can't go out in town nowadays without ending up on handful of snapchats, instas whatever, I know loads of people at my work for say its easier said than done
Years ago before the web and all that, I got hauled in front of the boss as he'd seen me midweek at the cricket (on telly) instead of at work. Er, I told him I'd swapped afternoon shift with morning with my immediate boss and co-worker so I could go to the game! But these bosses are eagle-eyed at times - bet it's a lot worse now. Those masks have a use after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back