☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
spain has just announced they will accept TMA tests too for travellers arriving!

detail info on this to follow tomorrow. I'll post an update later today still with figures and such

balearics update with the 14day incidence per 100k inhabitants. ibiza has a really good evolution and formentera is on a very low level anyway. mallorca isn't going in the right direction and some towns over there are having stricter measures currently

0EFFA623-6F4B-41F2-BA22-3A6EB6FBDC22.jpeg

balearics update with the 14day incidence per 100k inhabitants. ibiza has a really good evolution and formentera is on a very low level anyway. mallorca isn't going in the right direction and some towns over there are having stricter measures currently

View attachment 11114
Ibiza certainly looks like it is on the right track, can you point to what has helped in comparison to your neighbours in Mallorca

Ibiza certainly looks like it is on the right track, can you point to what has helped in comparison to your neighbours in Mallorca
Were, and still are, Formentera temperature-checking non-locals on arrival? I think I've asked something along those lines in the past?

View attachment 11114

My local area about the size of Ibiza is at 41.4 per 100,000 down 50% on previous 7 day rolling average. Even by those parameters we'd be in ht 'Green' zone but still bundled with major cities in the county and kept in UK Tier 2 with no indoor mixing of households whether at home or even in a restaurant. It looks more and more ridiculous the way they are drawing the lines over here.

Anyone got any any idea about time stamping of PCR tests? We have some to return for testing that must be taken 72 hrs before our arrival in Tenerife at 14:30 on Friday 18th. If I do the kids at 7:30am, on Tuesday 15th, instead of after 14:30, will anyone know? The alternative is to do Wednesday morning, but that leaves us buggering around hoping the tests results are late back.....

My temperature is up just thinking about all this ?

Yeah, the fear of doing it Wednesday and not having the results by Friday, or doing early but registering slightly later and getting a cert back that shows us outside the 72 hours is a stress

In all the papers, as Bloody Stupid Kingdom has decided to leave the EU, we will no longer have right-of-passage - with quarantine if necessary - to EU/Schengen countries. So anyone booked after Jan 1 to Spain can't go until either covid is over or the restrictions are lifted country by country. At that point we go to the full-passport and 90/180 rule. But anyone who thinks they can fly off to Austria to ski, take the test etc, and quarantine on return can't.

Unless there are specific exemptions, I assume this will apply to the Canaries too, as they are part of Spain and EU?

In all the papers, as Bloody Stupid Kingdom has decided to leave the EU, we will no longer have right-of-passage - with quarantine if necessary - to EU/Schengen countries. So anyone booked after Jan 1 to Spain can't go until either covid is over or the restrictions are lifted country by country. At that point we go to the full-passport and 90/180 rule. But anyone who thinks they can fly off to Austria to ski, take the test etc, and quarantine on return can't.

Unless there are specific exemptions, I assume this will apply to the Canaries too, as they are part of Spain and EU?

We currently return from Tenerife on 1 January, so it will be interesting to see if there is an immediate change. I did consider travelling travelling on my Irish passport, but as my wife and kids are all on British ones, it wouldn't make much difference

We currently return from Tenerife on 1 January, so it will be interesting to see if there is an immediate change. I did consider travelling travelling on my Irish passport, but as my wife and kids are all on British ones, it wouldn't make much difference
Returning should be OK, there aren't any restrictions on leaving the EU (AFAIK) ??

Canaries are not in the EU so not relevant to there ...

Canaries are not in the EU so not relevant to there ...
Neither is Norway but they have the same arrangements as the EU. I think the Canaries has freedom of movement with the EU (as does Norway) being in Schengen so I would have thought that they have to apply EU rules. Could be wrong though, if I were due to visit the Canaries early next year I would be double-checking with the Spanish Council what the situation is.
I know that there have been travel corridors between the Uk and Canaries, if that continues there should be no reason to "ban" UK visitors, before or after Brexit, and I think that's the key.
So could we have a travel corridor with Ibiza DESPITE the no-coronavirus travel rule between EU and outside states?
It appears to say that individual countries could make their own rules as covid is an epidemic rather than a straightforward economic rule. But it's so confusing.....this new rule doesn't help issues.
So if travel to the Canaries is ON, you can't then go from the Canaries to Spain - although as it's within Schengen who's to stop you?

Pal of mine has just flown there today to film an event, he has just txt to say he has been there 6hrs, taken 3 cops and 5 photos and is now returning home! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back