☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my mate who I had my last dance with in Ibiza last October for Dixons closing..is in hospital in Switzerland in a bad bad way with covid.. sent me this picture from the bed.. I'm gonna put it up for a few minutes.. ☹️ I actually thought he was joking until I rang his wife... it's real..

Last edited:
here we go again, and the new lockdown won't make a scrap of difference if they keep sending the kids to school and college. Funny how covid doesn't realise it's not supposed to infect under 21's.

Reading the comments in the Daily Mail, a right-wing (some like me would say far-right) rag, whose readers always support the Tories come what may, are now up in arms.

I think a further lockdown could bring this government down. they've failed, big time, many of their MP's don't want another lockdown the money's running out, businesses are collapsing - I think it's time for the second general election in 12 months. let's get rid...and save the country from brexit as a bonus.
It should have brought this government down after the first wave. The death count spoke for itself as did the failure to lockdown sooner. This, on top of the care home fiasco and refusing to admit over 65s to hospital who subsequently died, despite capacity, brought shame on them and this country. Then there was Cummings.

Further lockdowns were always inevitable. That was clear to me from March onwards. I dont understand how anyone with a modicum of sense couldn’t see that. The only other options are abandoning over 65s or allowing herd immunity and 500k deaths. Neither of these are acceptable.

As you say, if they don’t shut down education, especially universities, the lockdown will be a long one.

here we go again, and the new lockdown won't make a scrap of difference if they keep sending the kids to school and college. Funny how covid doesn't realise it's not supposed to infect under 21's.

Reading the comments in the Daily Mail, a right-wing (some like me would say far-right) rag, whose readers always support the Tories come what may, are now up in arms.

I think a further lockdown could bring this government down. they've failed, big time, many of their MP's don't want another lockdown the money's running out, businesses are collapsing - I think it's time for the second general election in 12 months. let's get rid...and save the country from brexit as a bonus.

This government is far from perfect and has made mistakes but I'm sorry I'm not seeing how under a Labour government would massively change things right now. There's no perfect solution: lockdown further and we get further into debt, jobs are lost and all the comes with it, don't lockdown and people die.

In case you haven't noticed other nations are now locking down, it's not just a Tory government thinking that is the right plan. What exactly do you expect any government or any political persuasion to do right now?

As for your Brexit comments: the country voted for it in a Referendum. Ripping that up would create a collapse in confidence in democracy. Some would never vote again.

This government is far from perfect and has made mistakes but I'm sorry I'm not seeing how under a Labour government would massively change things right now. There's no perfect solution: lockdown further and we get further into debt, jobs are lost and all the comes with it, don't lockdown and people die.

In case you haven't noticed other nations are now locking down, it's not just a Tory government thinking that is the right plan. What exactly do you expect any government or any political persuasion to do right now?

As for your Brexit comments: the country voted for it in a Referendum. Ripping that up would create a collapse in confidence in democracy. Some would never vote again.
While agree with your sentiment, I think the point is both times SAGe basically said you need to lockdown now or it's going to get worse and you need to lockdown for longer. Esp 2nd time around when we know more.

Also the evidence from Merseyside ~3 weeks in tier 3 shows it just holds the virus at that level. They've known about this for at least a week and was advised before this is what would happen.

And while a lockdown doesn't solve the problem if done in Sept for 2 weeks would reduce the prevalence, open up again, and perhaps every month have 1 or 2 week full lock down to keep it under control until vaccine or therapeutic come along.

I think many businesses would prefer 1 or 2 week proper closed and 4 weeks proper open compared to tier 2 and 3 where they can open (mostly) but have no customers.

The thing that really pisses me off is they "leak" it to the press to see how it lays with people. Leave us all guessing what really going to happen for days (esp over a weekend) before actually informing the public. It's not the first time they've used this strategy either.

Labour called for a circuit break month ago, which makes them look good. True they are not in power so easy to say such a thing, but did say they would support the gov if did it, considering SAGe advice they should.

Now we are in a shit place with no good choices.

Again.

f***ing again!?

#RantOver ?

Ps: regarding brexit. It's just the icing on the dogshit cake that will put the economy back to the 70s. But without an industrial base.

This government is far from perfect and has made mistakes but I'm sorry I'm not seeing how under a Labour government would massively change things right now.

Well, they probably would've caved to public pressure and sacked their demonic advisor for his fragrant breach of lockdown, thus undermining the whole process, instead of defending him to the hilt. That act alone has caused an untold amount of damage

But I guess I kind of agree, that the damage is done now, so changing things at this moment or anytime in the near future is not really a solution

And yet, I guarantee this government will make more stupid mistakes in the next 7 days. It's beyond incompetent

Edit: and they wouldn't be leaving poor kids go hungry

Last edited:
While agree with your sentiment, I think the point is both times SAGe basically said you need to lockdown now or it's going to get worse and you need to lockdown for longer. Esp 2nd time around when we know more.

Also the evidence from Merseyside ~3 weeks in tier 3 shows it just holds the virus at that level. They've known about this for at least a week and was advised before this is what would happen.

And while a lockdown doesn't solve the problem if done in Sept for 2 weeks would reduce the prevalence, open up again, and perhaps every month have 1 or 2 week full lock down to keep it under control until vaccine or therapeutic come along.

I think many businesses would prefer 1 or 2 week proper closed and 4 weeks proper open compared to tier 2 and 3 where they can open (mostly) but have no customers.

The thing that really pisses me off is they "leak" it to the press to see how it lays with people. Leave us all guessing what really going to happen for days (esp over a weekend) before actually informing the public. It's not the first time they've used this strategy either.

Labour called for a circuit break month ago, which makes them look good. True they are not in power so easy to say such a thing, but did say they would support the gov if did it, considering SAGe advice they should.

Now we are in a shit place with no good choices.

Again.

f***ing again!?

#RantOver ?

Ps: regarding brexit. It's just the icing on the dogshit cake that will put the economy back to the 70s. But without an industrial base.

I do agree with that also. I just don't like the view from some on the Left that suddenly Labour come in and the country becomes rich, the virus is crushed and we all live happily ever after. It's a fantasy.

Government's of different political views around the world have struggled with the crisis. The ones that seem to have done best are those where the population is used to strict rules (can just imagine the outcry if UK government acted like China!) Or are remote and rural like New Zealand.

Anyway. Thought times ahead :( stay safe Spotlighters!

I feel like crying, in rage and sadness.

When you also get idiot Trump pushing bullshit that doctors are lying about covid to get paid more tells you all you need to know about such leaders.

Viruses don't subscribe to free market economy policies, political agendas, share prices or anything. It doesn't care if the hosts die, live, or live with life changing illnesses. All it "cares" about is reproducing via airborne transmission (mostly) between hosts.

We need to understand that, and as it seems the strain now prevalent in Europe seems it could actually be more infectious is a worry (20A.EU1 which originated in Spain in June and was brought back to other nations via tourists on holiday ?‍♂️)

I get the economy and mental health is important, but that means more direct and strong measures for a shorter defined period is way better than this death by thousand cuts never ending random tier, what's happening and when do they end stuff.

Bojo is not a details person which is why Cummings is the real decider on what happens, and while he is intelligent, doesn't mean he is actually any good and running the country.

Rant 2 over. (For now) Lol

tenor.gif

??

I don't think things would necessarily be better by switching Conservative for Labour, but I'm definitely of the opinion things would be better if we ousted the PM and his cabinet

I take it all back, Theresa
From what I gather the cabinet are basically yes people. If they don't do what number 10 say they are booted. Look at Matt Hancock few weeks ago debacle in house of commons bar joke, basically saying he doesn't have control over how test and trace get paid for tests. Along with education secretary getting overruled about the "algorithm" that calced results.

All smells of power very centralised with people who have no practical experience of how things are actually run or need to be.
Just their own idea of how it should be, which is proven wrong again and again.

Led by donkeys, except even donkeys wouldn't walk into the north sea ?

Was a SAGe scientist on BBC news today. He said they are seeing x4 number of 18 - 40 year old women been admitted with serious disease. They think it might be because retail is open this time and that demographic is thus more exposed to the virus.

Just goes to show, be safe peeps ?????

?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back