☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be a bit like asking her how old she is and not checking ID though .... might be best to ask to see her NHS App 🤷‍♂️ 🤔🤷‍♂️
There are issues here, you can't ask for a stranger's medical record; think that's half the problem with using certificates to get into pubs and things. You are basically telling a bouncer that you've been injected with a vaccine!!! I doubt that even employers have that right unless there's very good reason, such as a driver applying for a job might be asked about heart conditions etc.

But generally I think that people would be more than happy to prove they've had the jab if it opens up life for them, the problem will be those that refuse the jab and then refuse to divulge their jab history. Won't people think "if you don't admit to having/not having the jab, then we will assume you haven't"? Dunno - thoughts??

There are issues here, you can't ask for a stranger's medical record; think that's half the problem with using certificates to get into pubs and things. You are basically telling a bouncer that you've been injected with a vaccine!!! I doubt that even employers have that right unless there's very good reason, such as a driver applying for a job might be asked about heart conditions etc.

I'm not sure there's actually a law that states you can't ask a customer for medical information. A business probably force you to provide it, but they're probably within their rights to deny service if you don't by claiming you might be creating an unsafe environment and putting their other customers at risk.

And I think there probably are fewer legal restrictions here than you'd see with employers, if for no other reason than it hasn't been much of an issue before. Before these "unprecedented times", I doubt many pubs or hair salons cared about anyone's medical records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back