Cooking!

Buckley

It's a new 'un for Buckeroo! Last night I made goats cheese on garlic'd-up portobello mushrooms (on a bed of rocket) for the current and I. Never realised how simple it was to knock up something nice.

I may start saying 'pukka' and 'nice one' like that fat-tongued fool who calls his granny 'tiger'! :lol:

welcome to the club.

i started off making a chicken soup last night, and ended up with a hot n sour soup

Mushrooms
gag.gif

Buckley said:
It's a new 'un for Buckeroo! Last night I made goats cheese on garlic'd-up portobello mushrooms (on a bed of rocket) for the current and I. Never realised how simple it was to knock up something nice.

I may start saying 'pukka' and 'nice one' like that fat-tongued fool who calls his granny 'tiger'! :lol:

good lad buckers!!!

I do a similar one, but use dolcelatta or gorgonzola.

heres a good en!!

take a roasting tin, put in agood glug of olive oil, whack it in the oven on 200 degrees c, get 3 large peppers, de-seed & cut into largeish pieces,
take 2 onions, peel chop into wedges, 2 courgettes, sliced thickly, a good handful of chestnut mushrooms, leave em whole

stick em into the now hot roasting tin, coat in the oil and put in oven for 30-40 mins, serve up with some couscous for a quick, healthy and delicious meal ;)

Idea :idea:

Change thread title to "Spotlight recipe's (by the guys)" ......... and make it sticky.

:D

Drew said:
Mushrooms
gag.gif
I'm with Drew on this one. Mushrooms are
gag.gif

I made an easy but delicious Jambalaya last night :D

Chop up a boneless chicken breast, some bacon (or antouille sausage, if you've got it... chorizo also works), 2 chili peppers, 2 tomatoes, a clove of garlic and a large onion. Fry them up, adding thyme, white pepper, seasoned salt, a bit of dried oregano and dried parsely, and a dash of ground clove. Then stir in a cup and a half of rice and fry until coated. Add 2.5 cups of water and half a cube of chicken boullion, cover and simmer until the rice is done. Mmmm good :D

I love cooking and I love having people around for dinner or lunch, our friends say that our house seems a restaurant, we are mediterranean, our best way to spend time is around a big table with lots of food and wine :lol:

silvia said:
I love cooking and I love having people around for dinner or lunch, our friends say that our house seems a restaurant, we are mediterranean, our best way to spend time is around a big table with lots of food and wine :lol:

I must be mediterranean then :D

silvia said:

yesss, I can't remember the week I haven't gone to some friends house and cooked something, sometimes I cook, other times my friends, sometimes between all of us, having fun before, during, after the dinner :D

Buckeroo. we will make a foodie of you yet matey.

food, it's the new going davis y'know

That was my last foray into cooking. Spent a fortune in restaurants since, but the missus loves cooking so may be I should try again....

That was my last foray into cooking. Spent a fortune in restaurants since, but the missus loves cooking so may be I should try again....

make a nice chilli buckers, easy to do and maximum brownie points, and a tip, squeeze thye juice of a couple of limes and melt a good block of cacao/real chocolate into it just as you are serving!!

Back