Come Dine With Me

Beckiboo

Does anyone else watch this? I LOVE it! I love cooking anyway, and some of the guests are just hilarious :lol:

I was just having a conversation with my friend about what we would cook if we appeared on the program. Mine would go something like this:

Starter: King Prawns fried in garlic, chilli and butter

Main: either Seabass in a white wine sauce, dauphinoise potatoes and veg OR
Prime sirlion steak with mushrooms cooked in a red wine sauce with creamy mash

Pudding: Mixed exotic fruits with a dark chocolate dipping sauce

Oh and of course lots of wine :D

Have to disagree, I hate the program as when I get home from work I have no choice but to eat dinner in front of this. Come dine with me is better than britains best dish though.

There are to many cooking programs on the TV.

Does anyone else watch this? I LOVE it! I love cooking anyway, and some of the guests are just hilarious :lol:

I was just having a conversation with my friend about what we would cook if we appeared on the program. Mine would go something like this:

Starter: King Prawns fried in garlic, chilli and butter

Main: either Seabass in a white wine sauce, dauphinoise potatoes and veg OR
Prime sirlion steak with mushrooms cooked in a red wine sauce with creamy mash

Pudding: Mixed exotic fruits with a dark chocolate dipping sauce

Oh and of course lots of wine :D

Yum!! Can we come to yours? :lol:

These kind of cooking skills just make me realise how much I have to learn and experiment with my cooking ability :?:oops:

my mate is related to the producer and through a bit of nepotism and got shortlisted for the NE one which was shown late last year I think?

I had never heard of the show - but when I knew he was going to be on it I started watching it - its ace....:lol::lol:

I cant believe how nosey some people are tho - going through the bedroom draws of the owners house... :eek:

Its just a brilliant bitchfest :lol:

Starter: Steamed Scallops in shell with ginger, spring onion and chilli.

Main: Twice roasted Belly of Pork, served with seasonal vegetables and crispy roast potatos and spicy gravy.

Dessert: Apple Crumble with Vanilla Icecream.

Anyone see the Peter Stringfellow one where his sink fell off or something? I never saw it but meant to be quite amusing :lol:

Quality show!!

1. Rissotto with shallots and Parmesan
2. Roast lamb with all the trimmings.
3. something from Marksies.

This is what anyone who come to my house for a dinner party gets if i'm cooking.:lol:

Do a few dishes well, i reckon and stick with them :lol:

Quality show!!

1. Rissotto with shallots and Parmesan
2. Roast lamb with all the trimmings.
3. something from Marksies.

This is what anyone who come to my house for a dinner party gets if i'm cooking.:lol:

can i make a reservation for July please! :lol:

Main: Twice roasted Belly of Pork, served with seasonal vegetables and crispy roast potatos and spicy gravy.

mmm - can we have a recipe thread please??

Love this show, have a friend that's put herself forward (the wonderful amanda for those of you that have met her) fingers crossed she gets to be a bitch on telly :lol:

Love this show, have a friend that's put herself forward (the wonderful amanda for those of you that have met her) fingers crossed she gets to be a bitch on telly :lol:

you'll need belly pork on ribs, score diamonds on skin side, rub chinese 5 spice, garlic on both sides, season, chuck in oven full whack on a rack for about 20mins to crisp up skin, turn oven down to low heat and cook for a further hour or so. obviously adjust the cooking time to the size of the pig yr roasting.

once done, skin will be crispy as you like, and meat nice n tender. Sieve the juices from the meat into pan and mix up gravy and add in some chillis, thicken with some pre mixed cornflour and water to suit.

For crispy Roast Potatos, par boil some potatos (approx 5cm round), and check to see when theyre ready to fluff up with a fork, you an outer layer thats softish and not mash!

once ready, drain out water from pan, and stick the lid on and shake vigorously to fluff em up.

add goosefat into roasting tin, put on hob, brown em off for 5mins, chuck in oven high heat, top of oven, cook for about 30mins, turn once and drizzle fat when doing so.

cook yr veg, job done.

you can then seperate the ribs and use them the day after to make some sticky ribs which fall off the bone. ;)

If she gets on are you going to be the waiter Nick?! :lol:

Amanda would be so good on TV :lol:

you'll need belly pork on ribs, score diamonds on skin side, rub chinese 5 spice, garlic on both sides, season, chuck in oven full whack on a rack for about 20mins to crisp up skin, turn oven down to low heat and cook for a further hour or so. obviously adjust the cooking time to the size of the pig yr roasting.

once done, skin will be crispy as you like, and meat nice n tender. Sieve the juices from the meat into pan and mix up gravy and add in some chillis, thicken with some pre mixed cornflour and water to suit.

For crispy Roast Potatos, par boil some potatos (approx 5cm round), and check to see when theyre ready to fluff up with a fork, you an outer layer thats softish and not mash!

once ready, drain out water from pan, and stick the lid on and shake vigorously to fluff em up.

add goosefat into roasting tin, put on hob, brown em off for 5mins, chuck in oven high heat, top of oven, cook for about 30mins, turn once and drizzle fat when doing so.

cook yr veg, job done.

you can then seperate the ribs and use them the day after to make some sticky ribs which fall off the bone. ;)

yummy yum yum

I can't stand trash TV generally but I LOVE CDWM!

It's my favourite! 8)

Anyone seen the one where the eccentric bloke does pigs trotters for everyone?

I literally had tears streaming down my face. :lol:

Back