Cocoon20 - Discussion thread

Honestly, I can't see it relocating to London. People know it's too saturated down there and it's not like Sven manages to sell out his larger London shows anymore, so I can't see the logic. But I guess crazier things have happened.

Manchester would be great ?

Any event around that area would be too restricted by the exclusivity contracts that Warehouse Project and Parklife put on nearly all major artists they book.

Personally I can’t see there been anywhere in the U.K. that would make sense to move it to from Leeds apart from London, where Sven lives and as a city has a much bigger international profile. I’ve actually never been myself but would be a massive shame as I know loads of people from North east and north west areas that go religiously every year.

Last edited:
I actually got the discobus both ways. On the journey there it was a very rowdy affair, with lots of hyper-masculinity and bravado, football terrace chants and karaoke renditions of Danny Boy, The Proclaimers, Sweet Caroline and lots of other shit. Just youngsters with high-jinx on their hols.

On the discobus now from San An to PDB, exactly the same as your experience. Queen & Bon Jovi the most popular thus far.

Seen videos posted to IOM that Sven played this at CITP. Actually, seems he must have gone record picking or had a tonne of vinyl waiting for him at home, since he evidently played a lot of stuff he hasn't yet in Ibiza!!

Seen videos posted to IOM that Sven played this at CITP. Actually, seems he must have gone record picking or had a tonne of vinyl waiting for him at home, since he evidently played a lot of stuff he hasn't yet in Ibiza!!

Is gazebo a fav of his this summer? Would love to hear it @ closing

Any event around that area would be too restricted by the exclusivity contracts that Warehouse Project and Parklife put on nearly all major artists they book.

Personally I can’t see there been anywhere in the U.K. that would make sense to move it to from Leeds apart from London, where Sven lives and as a city has a much bigger international profile. I’ve actually never been myself but would be a massive shame as I know loads of people from North east and north west areas that go religiously every year.
I’m a bit confused about this event. It’s been known for at least 6 weeks that it’s the last cocoon in the park. It’s done well and endured over the years. The format is quite unusual for such a big space. Line ups have fluctuated over the years to my taste but have always been populist flavour of the month. Last years line up and event were both brilliant. This year looks crap for my taste. A shame to end that way. But as I understand, it’s not coming back and that has been known for a long time.

Back