Cocoon20 - Discussion thread

would any of the old Cocooner forum members like to get involved in a feature we are running?

Specifically looking for members who attended one or more Ibiza Afters. Ideally this would also be people who have attended one of the Catharsis dates at Las Dalias, although not essential. Oh, and it does involve some memory recall 😉

Please drop into my DMs if you're up for contributing

would any of the old Cocooner forum members like to get involved in a feature we are running?

Specifically looking for members who attended one or more Ibiza Afters. Ideally this would also be people who have attended one of the Catharsis dates at Las Dalias, although not essential. Oh, and it does involve some memory recall 😉

Please drop into my DMs if you're up for contributing

I’m not sure many of you have much memory recall from Cocoon afters ;)

I’m not sure many of you have much memory recall from Cocoon afters ;)
Memories from Cocoon @ Amnesia are more like a Nam war veteran recalling PTSD tales from the trenches! 😵

The after hours….now that’s where it all goes a bit west for many a Cocooner! 🫠

All jokes aside I’ll be having my input - some of my best ever Ibiza moments have been at Cocoon afters over the years!

Went to a lot of cocoons but never made an after party😔 even when afters were actually afters!

It went to pot from the moment it moved to Pacha. Im not judging what the final season was like in Amnesia off the closing party alone (the only one i attended that season) but even that was a bit meh from what i can remember…especially peggy gou. Sven was sooo good at pikes last year and i could be looking forward to seeing him again at Akasha for the closing if things go well today!

For me, Cocoon was at its best when it was the only techno night on the island and before it became ‘cool’. In 2002/03 when it was never too busy and the crowd were mostly German.

Nobody cared what people wore and you’d get older German men in dungarees & boots.

Seeing people like DJ Hell, Miss Kittin, Alter Ego…

I only started going to their after-parties a few years later. KM5, Benimussa, & at a villa.

Last edited:
I remember I went a few times the 2 or 3 first years it was fantastic (1999? Or later? Can't remember)
2000 was the first year. I loved the 2001 CD which still sounds good.

Hopefully Spotlight can find some of the older posters - the ‘In Your Face’ one with Sven’s face warped was a favourite!

There was one nuts Cocoon afters, well probably lots more, but one I was at and remember..miles around San An Bay or further and everyone was there, pretty much every DJ at the time...outdoors....netting as a roof.....Sven gurning and stretching...early 2000s....what a time

Cocoon afters at Benimussa, early October 2016. Incredible party, Sven and other guests. Spotted Stivi as well. Sven did a speech minutes before closing :"this is the magic of Ibiza, it's October and we are dancing together under the stars!!!". It was Africa themed, I remember. One of the best parties I have ever attended

Cocoon afters at Benimussa, early October 2016. Incredible party, Sven and other guests. Spotted Stivi as well. Sven did a speech minutes before closing :"this is the magic of Ibiza, it's October and we are dancing together under the stars!!!". It was Africa themed, I remember. One of the best parties I have ever attended
Was there too. Day or two after space closing.
totally forgot about this party.

I can't remember how many cocoon afters I've done, but a lot of them still belong in my 'top 10 parties of my life' list.

I got to see the back end of villa parties, before the authorities started making it pretty much impossible to do one (without getting fined) and there were some amazing ones with sven in fantastic spirits. I've attended two cocoon afters at the kave which were superb. and then, when it had gotten too difficult to do villas and lots of afters started to happen early to mid afternoon, cocoon were still flying the flag. the first one they did at destino (cocoon closing afters 2013 I believe) was one hell of a party. they repeated the year after, but the surprise effect of the first one was great. then two years at benimussa park, one of them in the pouring rain, both fantastic. and then the ones at KM5 (rip) which I also loved because they were intimate.

oh my what good days did we have!!

Back