Cocoon

Clara

Why isn't Sven vath on every week? I'd be gutted if I went and missed him, as good a dj as Hawtin is.

kitten's head said:
Why isn't Sven vath on every week? I'd be gutted if I went and missed him, as good a dj as Hawtin is.

so people from uk like mr. sven et. al.? thought it was only
gatecrasher and school disco on ur plates... ;)

sven isn't on every monday? that's a shame, i was there at the opening,
and it was a cool cool night: sven delivered like "ooooh yeeesss"! :D

maybee u should change your trip dates so ur sure to catch him?

### barx

Gatecrasher and School Disco? :lol: :lol:

Gatecrasher kids are a dying breed, I reckon and School Disco is more about pulling and getting drunk than the music.

I'm really into techno and electro. The genre which is most catered for in UK is probably house though.

Sven Vath is still playing at least every second week with Richie Hawtin on the whole doing the other ones.

I doubt Sven would give up on Cocoon!

I was at Cocoon last week when Pascal F.E.O.S and Oliver Bondzio were on and they were amazing. Even though it wasn't the biggest lineup of the season they didn't dissappoint one bit.

I wanna go to the closing party with Sven Vath and Richie Hawtin.

sven has never been playing every week at cocoon @ amnesia...
he has always done every second week... or sometimes every third one.
this year it is the same
so where's the problem? ;)

cocoon is his own label and booking agency. he wants to let all the cocoon artists play at amnesia in order to make the line up more interesting.

i like sven väth most
but all the other cocoon djs are best quality techno as well.
8)

Don't get me wrong, I love all the djs who are playing there but I think to go to Cocoon and not see Sven would be missing out a bit.

Also, whereas Richie Hawtin comes to Scotland and UK quite a bit (and I will be seeing him at T in the Park this weekend anyway), Sven Vath hasn't been in ages and he's someone I've always wanted to see.

@ kitten's head
I know what you mean
for me it is the same
there is none like sven väth. only he can create that special atmosphere.
sven väth = cocoon = techno 8)

I would be guttet too if I missed him in amnesia
that's why I'm going to the closing party :D

I was hoping to go to the closing party too, but sadly I need to b back at work well before then.

Should still be amazing, although I think I'm going to go on the 1st September to be sure of catching Sven Vath.

I'm also hoping to make it to one of the after-parties. Any tips? ;)

Poison Ivy said:
@ kitten's head
I know what you mean
for me it is the same
there is none like sven väth. only he can create that special atmosphere.
sven väth = cocoon = techno 8)

I would be guttet too if I missed him in amnesia
that's why I'm going to the closing party :D

totally agree: sven väth = cocoon = techno 8)

I'm from Belgium and I'll be there on the 21st of july, national day in Belgium, with Sven mixing. that will be a very good one :D :D :D :D :D

Every time i go to Ibiza I make sure to go to cocoo. This year I went to the opening on June 23. Sven was amazing. The crowd was so moved. I like techno and cocoon. This year theme was "in your face". By the way the night was packed, despite that the brits don't do cocoon.

moudire said:
By the way the night was packed, despite that the brits don't do cocoon.

I think that's quite a good thing actually cause if you go to cream or something 90% of the people there are british so it makes a change to mingle with some other nationalities.

Has anyone noticed that most of the Germans at Cocoon are built like tanks?

And thats just the women! ;)

I don't think Techno is as popular in the UK as it is in pretty much the rest of Europe. Besides, I think alot more brits have heard of Manumission than Cocoon.

Techno is pretty popular in Manchester
there are plenty of clubs that are mainly techno nights.
I'd say that the majority of english clubbers don't like techno though.
There are still plenty out there that do though.
also to the complaints about sven vath not playing every week, Cocoon is going to be a good night with or without sven vath playing.
Its not like the whole night is going to be 10 times better because he is playing. There will be other Dj's on that can play music just as well as him.

I was there on the night with Adam Beyer and I think Vigorito; the main dance-floor was packed and it was great, but the 2nd floor (terrace?) was empty.

And my god, that smoke machine of Amnesia is bizarre!

Great night though!

Well Pressure at The Arches still often sells out its 1800 capacity and attracts some fantastic techno djs.

Back