Cocoon

dfunky said:
also to the complaints about sven vath not playing every week, Cocoon is going to be a good night with or without sven vath playing.
Its not like the whole night is going to be 10 times better because he is playing. There will be other Dj's on that can play music just as well as him.

so right, dfunky! :D

people are too focused on who rather than
what. bad inheritance from the rock scene probably,
makes u miss out on so many good things... :(

### barx

I know, but I'd be sad to miss out on Sven vath because he rarely comes to UK (when was the last time he came?) whereas I have already seen Richie Hawtin and plenty of the other djs recently.

:rolleyes: ;)

ok kittens head but what is your motivation for wanting to see sven vath specifically is it just to see what he looks like or to say that you have seen him.
When it comes to clubbing i don't care about who is playing as long as i know that whoever is playing plays music i like and does a good job of it.
More important things are the people that are going, will it be a good atmosphere e.t.c
There are many dj's that i would avoid but not many that i would be really desperate to see.
These days most dj's all do the same thing there is a small few that are doing different things.

dfunky said:
ok kittens head but what is your motivation for wanting to see sven vath specifically is it just to see what he looks like or to say that you have seen him.
When it comes to clubbing i don't care about who is playing as long as i know that whoever is playing plays music i like and does a good job of it.
More important things are the people that are going, will it be a good atmosphere e.t.c
There are many dj's that i would avoid but not many that i would be really desperate to see.
These days most dj's all do the same thing there is a small few that are doing different things.

Because he is someone I want to see?

Why so cynical and negative?

I just wondered
I though you might have said something like because he does this different or that different i was hoping there might be an actual reason instead of just wanting to see him because he is well known.
I hate all that superstar DJ thing as it is the same as pop and rock culture.
kids of 12 will go out and buy the latest busted cd, not because they like the song but because its busted thats singing it.
I would like to think that people in clubland think a bit different from 12 or 13 yr old kids.

Incidently, by 'see' I mean 'hear', if you ken what I mean.

I am actually a tad confused and offended that you make me sound like some superstar dj groupie. :confused:

Cocoon is MY kind of music. I was going to go to the closing last year and had almost bought tickets but came down with horrible, horrible 'flu so am trying to make up for last year's disappointment. Regardless of who is playing, it'll be fab.

Have a lovely weekend, sweetie (and everyone else)

I'm sure that just came across the wrong way (see private message)

Clara x

Hope you got my Pm
I like techno prefer but house ( although they are pretty similar ) but have been to tons of techno events.
If you were a german superstar dj groupie then you would be screaming for Dr Motte the judge jules equivelant.
Hope you like cocoon regardless of who is playing.

kitten's head said:
I know, but I'd be sad to miss out on Sven vath because he rarely comes to UK (when was the last time he came?) whereas I have already seen Richie Hawtin and plenty of the other djs recently.

:rolleyes: ;)

You wann get yourself to The Orbit in Morley (just outside Leeds). Sven Vath plays there a couple of times a year. It's one of his favourite clubs to play at apparently.

well, althougth all cocoon djs are superb...

it IS different when sven is there...
I'm definitely not a superstar-dj groupie
but sven's very presence creates a magnificent atmosphere...
he has this fascinating aura...
it is the way he interacts with the crowd

and i love his interpretation of techno...

Cocoon@Amnesia 10 July was amazing! It started out a bit boring with Adam Beyer not spinning fantastically. But when Marco Carola started the party really took off! He truly played a divine set! The floor was jumping non-stop throughout the set including Sven Vath :!: dancing on the main floor, totally hammered! :lol: He also closed off the night playing one record.

yes, it is a different if sven is playing or not. a dj is only 49% a musician, the rest 51% is entertainment. and sven is one of the best entertainers in the world of djs. i dont like djs playing a technical perfect sets and not being part of the party. sven is always part of the partypeople and is always on the same level as the people of the dancefloor.
djs like frank lorber and other cocoon-djs had always been a cheep copy of sven since the mid 90's. and without sven there would not be an afterhour...

Back