Cocoon @ PACHA discussion

@liam azar Really? As somebody who has been a pickpocket victim in Ibiza in the past, I have to say that Pacha is the venue I feel most secure from this threat. I really don't see that element in there.
In fact, just this last night I thought the exact same thing to myself.
Yeah found it a bit odd as I didn't really expect it at a place like Pacha. Guess you can't predict where bad people will be. Horrible low life people

I know it has been done to death that the amount of variance in Sven's sets hasn't been there as much this year - but I have to say from my experience this is one of, if not my favorite sound of the season ever.

I've only really been listening to Sven and the Cocoon sound since circa 2012/2013 but the music this season for my personal tastes is exceptional! Absolutely adore some of the records in this selection.
Did see a few videos of Sven playing a few house/deep house tracks at Cocoon this season and found it a bit odd as I expected him to mainly play techno. Not really sure on the history of Cocoon but is this a normal thing to happen where he changes his style? Understand it can be a different style depending on who plays before him

Did see a few videos of Sven playing a few house/deep house tracks at Cocoon this season and found it a bit odd as I expected him to mainly play techno. Not really sure on the history of Cocoon but is this a normal thing to happen where he changes his style? Understand it can be a different style depending on who plays before him

I found on the closing that he shifted across genres. Played a few disco' esque tracks, some proper melodic techno (you could almost call it...trance :lol: ) and a bit of house.

Also surprised by reports of pickpocketing in Pacha. I've found it the safest in terms of that, but I've been fine in other clubs too including DC-10 (maybe cuz I'm more vigilent there).

Sorry for those hoping for Ibiza gossip...
Just an observation from the UK, that after going to fabric last year, Cocoon is back at 338 in 2019.

That's great news!

338 is one venue that I've never had the privilege of attending in London yet and I've heard a lot of good things! Fingers crossed its Sven and I will be there.

Seen him play there a few years back. Venue was always a bit moody despite best efforts...has it shaken that off?

That's great news!

338 is one venue that I've never had the privilege of attending in London yet and I've heard a lot of good things! Fingers crossed its Sven and I will be there.
Really?!! I hate the venue and refuse to go anymore. Done Cocoon a few years back which is probably the only slight exception but the crowd is awful ALL the time! Basically get the abode lot going just because its 338.

The security are an absolute nightmare and although not as bad reminds me of DC10 security.
Been enough times now to realise its not for me.

Really?!! I hate the venue and refuse to go anymore. Done Cocoon a few years back which is probably the only slight exception but the crowd is awful ALL the time! Basically get the abode lot going just because its 338.

The security are an absolute nightmare and although not as bad reminds me of DC10 security.
Been enough times now to realise its not for me.

That's a real shame if that is the case. I rarely do many events in London anymore as for the most part the crowds tend to be awful and it ruins the event. Cocoon has always been an exception to this rule in my experience, but I am referring to the old parties at Building Six which is going back a while now.

Really?!! I hate the venue and refuse to go anymore. Done Cocoon a few years back which is probably the only slight exception but the crowd is awful ALL the time! Basically get the abode lot going just because its 338

This is true. But maybe Cocoon needs a bit of a younger demographic right now...

I enjoyed 338 last December, my mate had his wallet lifted which is a shame but he's seasoned in London life and left it in his back pocket.
Apart from that was a really good night.

I enjoyed 338 last December, my mate had his wallet lifted which is a shame but he's seasoned in London life and left it in his back pocket.
Apart from that was a really good night.

Bit like the girls at DC10 who dance with their handbags wide open and behind them, and wonder why things gets taken!

I went to 338 for that 'Home' event on August bank holiday. Security were grade A bellends, crowd was awful, venue was unbearably hot. Thankfully the music was on point, as always with the 'Home' events. 3/10! I'll never return there.

338. Great venue. Terrible crowd.
Practically their tagline.

Doesn't give me much hope when even Home attracts a bad one.

Back