Cocoon @ PACHA discussion

Tell you what as much as Amnesia is my favourite... there aren't many better clubs in Ibiza to be twisted in than Pacha. I just love getting lost in there both mentally and literally during a great event!

right, here are my thoughts on the move.

it's a fact that last year, despite having their strongest line ups ever, cocoon sadly just wasn't proper full on a good number of dates. IMO it wasn't cocoon's fault since the very same happened to lots of other promoters (circoloco having its weakest season in over a decade numbers wise, mosaic and hyte never got full neither...), but yeah, you can't change the fact that amnesia started to look a little big for cocoon on a few dates. I personally don't need a packed club - I actually prefer if there's a bit more room - but I understand both the promoter and the venue have different goals.

I know cocoon and amnesia have discussed their joint future for months (basically since october until very recently), but they simply didn't get to an agreement for 2018 (things I'll never be able to tell so don't ask). at the same time, pacha showed interest (in actual fact it's not the first time cocoon and pacha have been in talks). now if you see the venue refurbishment pictures posted by McR you might suddenly understand that both pacha and cocoon really mean a new start. again I can't tell a lot of details about pacha's refurb just yet, but one thing which will strike a chord with cocoon lovers is that they really want to massively improve the experience on the dancefloor. haters will say something like 'ah I'm sure they're just going to make the VIP even bigger', but for anyone knowing sven and the whole cocoon family and their ideology it's just clear they wouldn't have gone for pacha if that were the focus.

anyone reading on here knows exactly how much I love cocoon and how much I loved it on the amnesia terrace. and yet I have to say I am excited and curious to see how it'll go. after 18 years in the same club, a new start can be something really good actually.

two more things. one, I have been told amnesia will very often have to close at 6am on the dot this summer. let's see how's that at pacha, maybe there is an hour more in for them, who knows? two, I'll bet my left nut we will see some cocoon destino fun this summer :)

gonna be an interesting season my friends!

Tell you what as much as Amnesia is my favourite... there aren't many better clubs in Ibiza to be twisted in than Pacha. I just love getting lost in there both mentally and literally during a great event!
tumblr_ofmpuzC9k11ui78rqo3_500.gif

I can't tell a lot of details about pacha's refurb just yet, but one thing which will strike a chord with cocoon lovers is that they really want to massively improve the experience on the dancefloor.

This day is just too exciting for me. I need to have a lie down...

right, here are my thoughts on the move.

it's a fact that last year, despite having their strongest line ups ever, cocoon sadly just wasn't proper full on a good number of dates. IMO it wasn't cocoon's fault since the very same happened to lots of other promoters (circoloco having its weakest season in over a decade numbers wise, mosaic and hyte never got full neither...), but yeah, you can't change the fact that amnesia started to look a little big for cocoon on a few dates. I personally don't need a packed club - I actually prefer if there's a bit more room - but I understand both the promoter and the venue have different goals.

I know cocoon and amnesia have discussed their joint future for months (basically since october until very recently), but they simply didn't get to an agreement for 2018 (things I'll never be able to tell so don't ask). at the same time, pacha showed interest (in actual fact it's not the first time cocoon and pacha have been in talks). now if you see the venue refurbishment pictures posted by McR you might suddenly understand that both pacha and cocoon really mean a new start. again I can't tell a lot of details about pacha's refurb just yet, but one thing which will strike a chord with cocoon lovers is that they really want to massively improve the experience on the dancefloor. haters will say something like 'ah I'm sure they're just going to make the VIP even bigger', but for anyone knowing sven and the whole cocoon family and their ideology it's just clear they wouldn't have gone for pacha if that were the focus.

anyone reading on here knows exactly how much I love cocoon and how much I loved it on the amnesia terrace. and yet I have to say I am excited and curious to see how it'll go. after 18 years in the same club, a new start can be something really good actually.

two more things. one, I have been told amnesia will very often have to close at 6am on the dot this summer. let's see how's that at pacha, maybe there is an hour more in for them, who knows? two, I'll bet my left nut we will see some cocoon destino fun this summer :)

gonna be an interesting season my friends!

Cocoon at Destino....now this does change the game! Bring it on.

wow, what an amiable and fair farewell-tweet from amnesia - breaks your heart really :)

"18 years of @cocoon_official at Amnesia have sadly come to an end, we would like to thank all of the Cocoon team for this amazing journey and we wish you the best of luck on your new adventure -Amnesia family"

Both sides staying Very Classy. Can you imagine if Marco ever left. Very much doubt would ever be so classy.

Amnesia has to close at 6 AM?? Maybe it's good cocoon has left but It's so much a part of Amnesia. I'm sure I'll warm up to them at Pacha. I don't think they'll have as strong of lineups tho...their secondary rooms aren't as big

Does Priv, Hï also have to close at 6 AM? You guys were saying it was only Amnesia's district I think

Amnesia has to close at 6 AM?? Maybe it's good cocoon has left but It's so much a part of Amnesia. I'm sure I'll warm up to them at Pacha. I don't think they'll have as strong of lineups tho...their secondary rooms aren't as big

Does Priv, Hï also have to close at 6 AM? You guys were saying it was only Amnesia's district I think

In the current guise...who knows what the refurbishment will bring.

Going off Stivi’s comment, it’s going (hopefully) less VIP and more about the actual clubbers who go to dance!

In the current guise...who knows what the refurbishment will bring.

Going off Stivi’s comment, it’s going (hopefully) less VIP and more about the actual clubbers who go to dance!

Obviously it’s a building site now. But my guess from looking at the pictures is the dancefloor is going to fill most of that lower main floor, with still room for tables on higher levels.

And hopefully the sound system will fill the whole area.

Pacha’s old system (for me) was one of the best... but only for about 10 people who knew where to stand in the middle of the dancefloor. Outside of that it never filled the room.

Back