Cocoon or Swedish House Mafia?

elliottness

Can anyone please provide some feedback on how crowded Cocoon has been so far this season. As a first timer next month I'd like to check out this classic party, but after reading the forum it sounds liki it's been a cluster f**k of big crowds with no room to dance. I've seen the Mafia all together in Miami and they KILLED it and they're all together at Pacha the week I'm in IBZ so not sure where to go. Thanks.

From what i've read and heard coccoon has been pretty full, ans SHM not so. I'd have to say cocoon, longer established, is regarded as one of the leading parties so would be rude not to go. Check the lineup aswell, is there anyone you have never seen/would like to see in either night?

Mate not even worth asking on here. All your going to get is 'cocoon' 'cocoon is the best party on the planet' 'SHM is all commercial' etc etc. Majority are techno heads.

cocoon is the best party on the planet -
SHM is all commercial !

:lol:

haha!! Dont get me wrong i'd rather go to Cocoon, just amazing how everyone creams themself over it on here!

Those Swedes have taken house music in a very dodgy direction, imo

have always given their gigs and their spam a wide berth

I would say Cocoon myself as I really like Sven Vath's music and energy. However, this season so far Cocoon has not been as busy as previous years. (good or bad thing?)
Swedish House Mafia at Pacha is very busy, but with quite young crowd...well in relation to me anyway, which is no great achievement. I went the other week when they had Bob Siclar with them...I found it al a bit boring and pedictable and only stayed an hour. However, a lot of other people enjoyed it.
I think if you could possibly do it, as Matt says, go to SHM pre party then go to Cocoon...then Cocoon after party.
Otherwise just Cocoon.
Go to Ushaiia on Sunday night though, early, about 9pm...the place to be right now
By the way...I am not a Technohead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im having this exact same debate. I loved Amnesia when i went last year and everyone raves about Cocoon but it really isnt my sort of music whereas i didnt go to Pacha last year and really want to give it a try and like SHM. It says a lot about Ibiza that I can have this sort of dillemma!

I would say Cocoon myself as I really like Sven Vath's music and energy. However, this season so far Cocoon has not been as busy as previous years. (good or bad thing?)

Very Good Thing!!! Its confirmation I can throw my weird techno shapes about the place woop woop

Go to Cocoon then you have the choice of Subliminal or FMIF @ Pacha on wed and thurs..

both those nights will have the same tunes, crowd and decor to SHM :lol:

Can anyone please provide some feedback on how crowded Cocoon has been so far this season. As a first timer next month I'd like to check out this classic party, but after reading the forum it sounds liki it's been a cluster f**k of big crowds with no room to dance. I've seen the Mafia all together in Miami and they KILLED it and they're all together at Pacha the week I'm in IBZ so not sure where to go. Thanks.
Dumbest question ever! Cocoon obviously!

Understand Cocoon is a classic party, but I'd like to be able to move around a bit to dance. I've been hearing it's a mob scene, so anyone who's been this season please confirm if there's room to move. Thanks.

Ps. Brighton, Neilly is right, Morillo is not to be missed! Techno sucks:)

Understand Cocoon is a classic party, but I'd like to be able to move around a bit to dance. I've been hearing it's a mob scene, so anyone who's been this season please confirm if there's room to move. Thanks.

Ps. Brighton, Neilly is right, Morillo is not to be missed! Techno sucks:)

If you think Techno sucks why in hell do you wanna go to Cocoon lol

Ha, something tells me we'll be at the same parties hausekitten. I know I-Spy, but no one has really answered dancefloor question.

If you think Techno sucks why in hell do you wanna go to Cocoon lol

I'd rather be in a garage full of no-people and a DJ who plays the music I like than a "bestest nightclub in the world" full of people with a DJ that plays music I don't like.

Someone stated earlier that SHM is all commercial. Like Cocoon isn't!!!

Back