Cocoon In The Park 2018

This from Mixmag:

"Ricardo’s not for everyone, as his set at Leeds’ Cocoon In The Park in 2015 made abundantly clear. Stepping up after the force of nature that is Carl Cox, the Leeds crowd didn’t take too kindly to Ricardo’s more leftfield selections. Abuse streamed and poured into the event’s Facebook page, and organiser Sven Väth quickly pushed in and took control. The video from the festival is quite something to behold. It shows Ricardo prancing around with flamboyant abandon while an entire field of people either stand still miserably or boo, save for one bloke in a vest fully going for it at the front of stage. The finest moment arrives when Ricardo turns around and pulls a massive shit-eating grin at the camera. Perhaps the feeling between DJ and crowd was mutual."

Poor programming putting him on after Cox!!

or is it poor programming getting COX into a cocoon with ricardo in it :D

ricardo needs a very special techno listener & an old one (in terms of parting).

Have to say as a long term Cocoon fan this event hasn’t never really appealed to me. The crowd/ set up / lineup always just looks a bit naff. Have heard a few good reports though.

Have to say as a long term Cocoon fan this event hasn’t never really appealed to me. The crowd/ set up / lineup always just looks a bit naff. Have heard a few good reports though.
Went for the first time last year and best outdoor event ive done in the uk. Everything you fear is naff were all great.

Going again tomorrow so hoping for a great day again, fingers crossed.

As ive said previously, ive been to all of them so far and will be there tomorrow! Absolutely no issues with crowd/set up/lineup what so ever. Always a great day out, especially when the sun is shining!

Whoever told you that is a clown.

It’s a great setup, decent crowd, plent of bars and bags of space.

The sound is ridiculous too for an outside stage, can feel the bass in your ribs from even quite far back

Went yesterday was amazing day great day perfect weather great sets from all artists Richards - Troxler were great. Tale of us blew me away and Sven smashed as usual.crowd bit of a mixed bag but still spot on day overall.

Went yesterday was amazing day great day perfect weather great sets from all artists Richards - Troxler were great. Tale of us blew me away and Sven smashed as usual.crowd bit of a mixed bag but still spot on day overall.
Haha all our group hated Seths set. Sent us under, ToU turned it round though thankfully and Sven great as per. Would argue it was too hot though for me, not enough shade and over heated at 1 point for an hour. Great day again though.

:(
Haha all our group hated Seths set. Sent us under, ToU turned it round though thankfully and Sven great as per. Would argue it was too hot though for me, not enough shade and over heated at 1 point for an hour. Great day again though.

To be honest I’m not a huge fan of Seth either would of preferred Craig on his own Tale of us were mind blowing was made even Better for me seen as I didn’t get into Aftelife last week :(
Sven was great one of the best sets I’ve seen from him.

Agree with the shade point as well was Intense in that heat. Never had a bad day at Cocoon I’m the park.

Didn’t make the afters for the first time this year though I must be getting old!

To be honest I’m not a huge fan of Seth either would of preferred Craig on his own Tale of us were mind blowing was made even Better for me seen as I didn’t get into Aftelife last week :(

Agree with the shade point as well was Intense in that heat. Never had a bad day at Cocoon I’m the park.

Didn’t make the afters for the first time this year though I must be getting old!
Yeh thats why i purposely said 'Seths set' as im sure it was him playing the shite. In exactly the same boat regarding ToU, also missed them at Afterlife last week, would not be disappointed if i heard that set in a club.

Heads a bit of a mess today, went in at 5 as can't stand Seth and his boring style. Made me laugh so many young girls left in droves after tou started :confused:
Need to know the last track he played it was a great way to finish after dj koze pick up.
Wish I was doing it all again today :lol::(

Heads a bit of a mess today, went in at 5 as can't stand Seth and his boring style. Made me laugh so many young girls left in droves after tou started :confused:
Need to know the last track he played it was a great way to finish after dj koze pick up.
Wish I was doing it all again today :lol::(
Sounded like new order Lyrics but probably miles off. Remember ToU last track before Sven being great too but no idea what it was...

Seth is trash. He won’t get another chance from me. Utter garbage, and most of those around us felt the same. So many people left the crowd to go and chill after Apollonia.

Agree that the lack of shade was poor, they’ve known for weeks it was going to be a scorcher.

The one drinking water tap right at the top of the hill is also poor from them imo. Clearly putting profits before safety in the hope that people will buy another bottle rather than trek up the hill.

Will definitely return, but would consider going in at a later time like Ollie.

Sven was fanstastic as you’d expect. I could have danced to him for another 4 hours easily.

why is that?

Back