LP_IBIZA

The lineup has been released for this years CITP

Sven Vath
Apollonia
Seth Troxler b2b Craig Richards
Tale of Us
Archie Hamilton b2b Enzo Siragus b2b Rossko

What a superb lineup that is IMO.

Particularly Seth Troxler b2b Craig Richards.. that is one occasion where a b2b does not disappoint.

Decent line-up. Not very 'Cocoon' though. I think I said the same a few years ago when they had Topping, Eats Everything & Green Velvet

Decent line-up. Not very 'Cocoon' though. I think I said the same a few years ago when they had Topping, Eats Everything & Green Velvet

I would agree with that - although when they do go very 'cocoon' and invite Ricardo over he got absolutely slated to the ground by many :lol:

Yes, I recall! :lol:
In fairness with Ricardo it's all or nothing. Those 1.5hr festival sets just aren't going to do him justice. Particularly with a less-informed crowd

Agreed - and I suppose the other point is we might see a bit of a redefinition of what being 'cocoon' is this season with the move to Pacha. Lots of unanswered questions about residents and who will still be there next season...

we might see a bit of a redefinition of what being 'cocoon' is this season with the move to Pacha. Lots of unanswered questions about residents and who will still be there next season...

I see Carola Pisatura is down. And that makes me a happy boy.

That line up has 3 sets of B2Bs that's personally all work great, goes to show its not all bad but just over used with DJs who should not be going B2B!

Sorry make that 4 sets!! ToU, Apollonia, Seth and Craig and the fuse lot! Only Sven who will be playing solo

Sorry make that 4 sets!! ToU, Apollonia, Seth and Craig and the fuse lot! Only Sven who will be playing solo

yeah but TOU and apollonia almost always play together so in that case I wouldn't classify that as a B2B. seth and craig yeah and the fuse boys too, but as said, those are B2Bs that do work.

C'mon, let's settle the debate. Nobody is better placed than you to answer this: did Ricardo deserve all the flack?

Haha! I thought he started off well, the first hour was decent enough but it went drastically down hill from there! Everyone was enjoying themselves up until that point and you could see the atmosphesre the in the crowd was disappearing! His mixing was terrible, song choice was poor and people just weret feeling it! Would have suited a small sweaty warehouse at 5am better!

So IMO, yes, he deserved the flack! he was completly out of his mind and seemed to play for himself rather than the crowd!

This from Mixmag:

"Ricardo’s not for everyone, as his set at Leeds’ Cocoon In The Park in 2015 made abundantly clear. Stepping up after the force of nature that is Carl Cox, the Leeds crowd didn’t take too kindly to Ricardo’s more leftfield selections. Abuse streamed and poured into the event’s Facebook page, and organiser Sven Väth quickly pushed in and took control. The video from the festival is quite something to behold. It shows Ricardo prancing around with flamboyant abandon while an entire field of people either stand still miserably or boo, save for one bloke in a vest fully going for it at the front of stage. The finest moment arrives when Ricardo turns around and pulls a massive shit-eating grin at the camera. Perhaps the feeling between DJ and crowd was mutual."

Poor programming putting him on after Cox!!

I was there when Ricardo got slated it was odd programming putting him after Carl Cox and he was battered. I’m a massive fan of Villalobos but his sound just did not sit well with the mixed crowd Cocoon In the park attracts and the short set times.

This years line up is top drawer in my opinion really looking forward to it.

Back