Cocoon, Frankfurt - Help Please!

Angie24

Whilst looking for birthday ideas for my boyfriend realised that I can get incredibly cheap flights to Frankfurt for a wee night at Cocoon 8)

Just needing a bit of advice on a few of things....

1. Buying tickets from the UK. I have heard it is advisable to eat in the restaurant and get free entry - but which one!? Best to book through the website?

2. Areas to stay - looking for a nice hotel but not too expensive but have no idea where to look at!

3. Any 'must sees'. Would be landing at 10.50pm Thursday and flying out 7.50pm Saturday :lol:

Thanks in advance!!

... Any recommendation for which restaurant -
micro or silk?
the food is coming from the same kitchen/chef.
i prefer micro, because i like to sit on chairs and have a real table
when eating. and in micro you can eat a la carte or take a menue.

at silk all guests should appear at a certain time to enjoy the whole
13(!)-course-menue. if you come late, you miss the first courses .
you lie around on white sofas and have to take off your shoes.
and after a 13-course-menue i sometimes get sleepy and it needs a lot of
redbullvodkas to bring you to the danceflorr afterwards :)

officially the minimum consumption in micro is ca. 35 euro to get
free entrance to the coconclub afterwards,
when you eat in silk entrance to the club is always free.

both restaurants are open from tuesday til saturday.
one more reason why my personal preference is micro is
that you can eat there from 6pm til 11pm,
while at silk you have to show up at around 7.30pm
because the 13-course-menue starts at 8pm -
too early for me if you want to stay in the club til 6 or 7am :)

Thanks - I think Micro is the way forward then! Silk sounds fantastic though, but when the draw is the club not such a good idea :lol:

On the hunt for a hotel, but all seeming quite expensive for city centre and not sure if busines district Niederrad is too much of a trek? Been looking at public transport maps but all getting a bit confusing :confused:

Thanks - I think Micro is the way forward then! Silk sounds fantastic though, but when the draw is the club not such a good idea :lol:

On the hunt for a hotel, but all seeming quite expensive for city centre and not sure if busines district Niederrad is too much of a trek? Been looking at public transport maps but all getting a bit confusing :confused:

Flight and hotel booked for under £200 for the 2 of us :D Just restaurant booking and we're there - can't wait :D8)

Flight and hotel booked for under £200 for the 2 of us :D ...
sounds good.
some time ago you could book packages here:
http://www.cocoontravel.net/
... but this **** obviously doesn´t work anymore :-(

i found this offer (sorry, english version doesn´t work):
http://www.innside.de/_new/innside_...coon_club_packages.de.php4?music=1&kalender=1

in case your hotel doesn´t offer a transfer to cocoonclub:
take a taxi - there is too much human trash around in frankfurt at night !

ps:
here are some pictures from someone who booked a package
(but hotel´s name isn´t mentioned)
to see david guetta @ cocoonclub:
http://missy-luvs-cologne.blog.de/tags/nightlife-frankfurt/

Angie24, you inspired me... we're all booked for a quick weekend Cocoon trip next month now - its all your fault!

Anyone else got any tips for a swift visit to Frankfurt?

Depends what you want from your hotel. I'm going next week with everyone's favoutite tinted moisturiser fan and as two blokes going sans girlfriends we're staying in the Ibis Centrum. Cheap as chips and functional for our needs but I know for a fact my girlfriend would refuse to stay there as she expects comfort as well as function.

The upside is that a twin is costing 59 euro so with £40 a head return flights the pre-spends cost is a whopping £70!:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Angie24, you inspired me... we're all booked for a quick weekend Cocoon trip next month now - its all your fault!

Anyone else got any tips for a swift visit to Frankfurt?

Hopefully something i will happily take the blame for ;) Who's playing?

Good deal Buckley - hotels for 2 nights were over the £200 mark when I was looking - but ended up in a 4 star plus b&b for £138 with a 10 minute tram ride to centre, can't complain :D Looking forward to your report at the end of the month!

Im going for Sven Vath on Friday 13th (oops :spank:) March, and CANNOT wait 8)

Buckley - where's your review?????? Ive got some quick fire questions for you...:D

Im going for Sven Vath on Friday 13th (oops :spank:) March, and CANNOT wait 8)

Buckley - where's your review?????? Ive got some quick fire questions for you...:D

No time for the review - busy at work but

DO have the 'Steak Lollipops' in the restuarant - in fact all the food was good
DO try and get hold of a VIP band for the raised roomy bars above the dance floor and for the extra indoor smoking room even of you don't smoke. (Music was really good in there.)
DO go for Villalobobobobosososo - he was wicked
DO pop to into the empty club from the restaurant - it's something to see empty as well as full!

DON'T bother with a morning cab to Robert Johnson unless you've checked there's an afterparty on. It MAY just be kicking out from lact night and closing:lol:

DO ask outside there what else is on

DO visit U60 after the above, which is kinda like London's Public Life. Pretty scuzzy/studenty I guess

DO have an able wingman for humourous carry-on antics at your Hotel.

DO hope they are showing back to back episoes of Paris Hilton's BFF during carry-on hotel errors. Followed by 'Date my Daughter' ideally.

DO have someone pick you up from the airport if you're likely to keep at until flight home.

DON'T spend all the followingday in the pub if you're working Monday!

And remember......Don't have nightmares!

That's a good enough review for a busy workbody :D

But, if poss could you let me know your thoughts on this...Flight doesnt get in til late on the Friday, prob getting to club for elevenish / midnightish - so no restaurant im afraid - do i need to sort out some sort of guestlist or will getting in at that time be ok - ive got tickets, but you never know... will i be able to get VIP bands by doing this do you think - do you think its worth emailing?

Great rundown - thanks Buckley :D

My one question to add to Red's is - what's the best time to book your table for dinner? Thinking 8.30, but not sure re service times etc.

Great rundown - thanks Buckley :D

My one question to add to Red's is - what's the best time to book your table for dinner? Thinking 8.30, but not sure re service times etc.

10 o'clock is perfect dinner timing for me there. Service is great and pretty quick so allowing 1.5-2 hours for dinner means watching the club fill up from 12ish.

8.30 is too early IMO - you'll be done by 10-10.30 and waiting ages for the club to fill up. Of course, you can stay in the restaurant and have some more drinks -it depends if you want to drink that much before the club.

Red - we got the bands from the restaurant staff so I wouldn't know how else you'd get them I'm afraid.

I've only ever been for dinner and then into the club so not sure what the door is like, but I don't think you'll have any problems at that time , especially with tickets.

Enjoy!

10 o'clock is perfect dinner timing for me there. Service is great and pretty quick so allowing 1.5-2 hours for dinner means watching the club fill up from 12ish.

8.30 is too early IMO - you'll be done by 10-10.30 and waiting ages for the club to fill up. Of course, you can stay in the restaurant and have some more drinks -it depends if you want to drink that much before the club.

Red - we got the bands from the restaurant staff so I wouldn't know how else you'd get them I'm afraid.

I've only ever been for dinner and then into the club so not sure what the door is like, but I don't think you'll have any problems at that time , especially with tickets.

Enjoy!

Great - thanks! Off to change the booking ;)

ExcitedCat.jpg

Ryanair contacted me today to advise of a flight change :confused: but turns out we depart at 1.30pm Thursday instead of 8.05pm - so happy :D

Have a great weekend Red - can't wait for your report 8)

Back