Cocoon and Funky House

same house music they say they hate and wouldn't give the time of day at pacha, where a lot of the same music will be played

A couple of tracks may overlao but they're still miles apart in vibe, crowd, culture and everything else?!

A couple of tracks may overlao but they're still miles apart in vibe, crowd, culture and everything else?!

this thread is going off in a weird direction, but anyway. (and without giving you the "i'm here, so i know better" attitude).......

it's more than a couple of tracks. sander kleinenberg and many of the pure pacha DJs regualrly have a tinkle with some of the more mainstream labels like cocoon, get physical, etc.

but actually it's more the other way around, the cocoon sound is getting more cecille, arearemote, oslo, etc, etc, which many Pacha DJs have been onto for a while too given how popular the sound is.

and of course even one of the same DJs is playing both clubs, sneak.

of course the vibe at cocoon is unique, i was there, it was amazing/electric. the point i'm trying to make is that part of the reason pacha isn't like is that the same people who love the cocoon terrace wouldn't dream of going to pacha, just because its pacha and thereby totally miss the fact they might actually hear a similar sound and influence at pacha. jesus, they might even enjoy it, its not like pacha is a monastery or something is it, plenty of space cadets in there.

of course the vibe at cocoon is unique, i was there, it was amazing/electric. the point i'm trying to make is that part of the reason pacha isn't like is that the same people who love the cocoon terrace wouldn't dream of going to pacha, just because its pacha and thereby totally miss the fact they might actually hear a similar sound and influence at pacha.

I think we're arguing different points here and I'll save it as I'm not out to patronise anyone. My point is that a club (experience) is more than the audio coming out of the speakers.

There's loads (well, only a few) of venues I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, amazing music though they may play.

I just wouldn't have seen it as the irrational or unexpected point you suggest it is.

5250_146520891040_132954121040_3613247_7138918_n.jpg

5250_146520921040_132954121040_3613252_1742058_n.jpg

haha!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

where did i say the people weren't feeling it??

they were going crazy for it!! that's the point, luciano and dice played nothing but this sound for 3 hours, all the mannheim crew....this is the sound they play.

shows how on the money you are, if you think the popular sound of now is dated!!

@ scott - real funky house is sneak/morillo/roger sanchez in the mid to late 90s

filtered disco is the sound of now??? That surprises me. I take back what I said in that case

filtered disco is the sound of now??? That surprises me. I take back what I said in that case

where did i say filtered disco is the sound of now.

for example, the mannheim sound, which is probably the most prominent influence around at the moment, well all the main guys look at sneak and his 90s sound as their main source of inspiration.

can you even see that there is some sort of link.......at all?

and it continues.......

loco dice playing trax on da rocks by bangalter, arguably my most treasured piece of vinyl after a 7" of backfired, which louie vega nearly decapitated me with.

it was this track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkjRM8C9vZg&feature=related

crowd didn't know what hit them, altho after that dice played a lot throbbier albeit still housey.

more funkyness next week when sneak is in town!! :D

and it continues.......

loco dice playing trax on da rocks by bangalter, arguably my most treasured piece of vinyl after a 7" of backfired, which louie vega nearly decapitated me with.

it was this track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkjRM8C9vZg&feature=related

crowd didn't know what hit them, altho after that dice played a lot throbbier albeit still housey.

more funkyness next week when sneak is in town!! :D

F'in awesome :D

Id briefly heard about Sneak through an ex

Just you tubbing him now and he ROCKS:p (hahaha i mean you tubing not tubbing :D)

Cant make him at Amnesia Monday though as going to Tiesto GAH...but on the day i fly back think i might goto Fabric to see him, but i suppose he'll play bit harder there?! Its hardly a funky house place.

Fix my sink, walk my walk, talk my talk......wahoooo

Back