COCOON @ Amnesia 2017

He is remarkable. He was synonymous with seminal techno nights in Belfast from the early 90s onwards due in part to close links with David Holmes. He's still evidently blowing people's minds. Unreal.

a lot of incredible goodies.

new and unreleased stuff, current hits from the season (will put up some of them later), then of course some all time cocoon afterhour classics (rolando aka aztec mystic - knights of the jaguar, lil louis - french kiss, just to name two)

Well there goes my conspiracy theory. That he has an unwritten rule of either Jaguar or French Kiss but never both. In 15 years I've never witnessed, but I'd call this a reliable third party account ;) Theory debunked!

This year sounded great as per! Noticed the weather was on point too!

Was there a second stage option again? I only saw the second stage at lasts years afters when I was trying to find the exit! Benimussa is somewhat of a maze though.

Absolutely gutted I didn't go afters now :( always say I will then wake up about 5pm absolutely zapped from the main event and can't face it.

Next year!!

that‘s why I simply cover the hours between party & afters by playing/listening music and hanging with friends. in most cases, once I go to bed, I‘m then also done with partying.

This year sounded great as per! Noticed the weather was on point too!

Was there a second stage option again? I only saw the second stage at lasts years afters when I was trying to find the exit! Benimussa is somewhat of a maze though.

weather was good, but it actually did rain for about 20 mins before sven started at afters.

floor 2 was the actual inside dancefloor of km5 with adam beyer & ida engberg and others

Ahhh nice. I've found a little rain shower here and there can actually magnify the atmosphere at outdoor parties!

Absolutely gutted I didn't go afters now :( always say I will then wake up about 5pm absolutely zapped from the main event and can't face it.

Next year!!
Same here, it sounds like a good one. I spent the day at sa trinxa before hitting cocoon. It wouldn't be a proper ibiza trip though if everything went to plan.

England is so cold I'm struggling with reality today :cry:
we enjoyed svens set in amnesia but then I love the variety he plays. Caravel was a great moment, oxia domino to. :cool:

Must be said on the Monday I really enjoyed his closing, but didn't make it to the afters for which I now kick myself!

Oh well, next year!

not attending cocoon closing afters even though you´re on the island is a deadly sin.

2 hours of sleep between getting up in Glasgow on Sunday morning, a flight to London then to Ibiza (via home) (after only 4 hours on the Sunday morning in Glasgow) to Tuesday morning post Cocoon caught up with me. Thought about going, decided to get a nap in and see, was out for the count most of the Tuesday afternoon :lol:

https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/magazine/2017/10/top-ten-tracks-banging-tunes-stellar-cocoon-closing

Some crackers on here. Sadly none I was hoping to ID.

@stivi Any chance of a similar article for tunes played at the Carry On??? ;)

oooft...I wish I´d taken notes, but that one party I really just went to enjoy. but he did play a lot of his summer hits again at the afters - a lot of the tracks which are featured on the sound of the 18th season compilation. then the classics I´ve already mentioned (and more). and of course there are tunes which I couldn´t ID neither...

I've not been to Cocoon since 2011 and really feel like I am missing out actually. Not even sure why I haven't been in so long. Need to fix that next year

After many years of attending Cocoon this is my first ever proper after party with them and I must say I am lost for words. Incredible scenes - Sven unloading pure classics!
Don't be afraid, u can say it was boring...only after party worth, i should stay in dc10 & get wristbands from friens or go there as it was openned to any random too ...

Back