COCOON @ Amnesia 2017

Just about recovered from Monday... thought it was a cracking night, although found Sven to be slightly off form? Couldn't really get into what he was playing on the terrace for the last couple of hours, and normally he completely blows me away on there.

Thought DJ Koze was phenomenal at the start of the night though, and Ilario Alicante and Adam Beyer absolutely ruined the main room - both of their sounds are perfect for that space.

Dissapointed they turned the music off at 07:15 though :( has this been the case at Amnesia all year or was Sven not really feeling it?

Just about recovered from Monday... thought it was a cracking night, although found Sven to be slightly off form?

You're not the first one to say this, seems a lot of people said the night as a whole was fantastic but Sven wasn't at his best. I'm wondering did he just have one of those weirder nights where he goes off on a tangent and never makes it back to the techno? In my experience that goes 50/50 on whether or not it turns out to be a memorable one or the other side is in your case where you just cannot get into it (at least the main room was still available in this case for a change up).

You're not the first one to say this, seems a lot of people said the night as a whole was fantastic but Sven wasn't at his best. I'm wondering did he just have one of those weirder nights where he goes off on a tangent and never makes it back to the techno? In my experience that goes 50/50 on whether or not it turns out to be a memorable one or the other side is in your case where you just cannot get into it (at least the main room was still available in this case for a change up).

my personal view is a different one. after having seen him playing him so many times over the past few years, I´ve come to the conclusion that for the opening and closing night, he simply holds back so much great music during the night because he knows he´ll play another 8 hours at the afters later. I personally actually liked him in amnesia this time at the closing, but for example my better half didn´t so much and yeah, she wasn´t the only one. but the music he played at km5 was simply out of this world. fan-f***ing-tastic!

I´ve come to the conclusion that for the opening and closing night, he simply holds back so much great music during the night because he knows he´ll play another 8 hours at the afters later.

Makes perfect sense but i can see how that can be a little disappointing for those that dont attend the afters. That is the beauty of having 2 rooms on offer though.

Makes perfect sense but i can see how that can be a little disappointing for those that dont attend the afters. That is the beauty of having 2 rooms on offer though.

oh yeah I do get that. but just to point out - in the past a few times at either openings or closings I thought sven wasn´t the best...but then he made up for it at the afters. but yeah, I do get what you´re saying.

I have to say I didn't feel like Sven was on his best form at the Cocoon closing party... but I put that down to being at Circoloco from 18:30 that day and just being mentally fried - although funny enough a few friends who haven't liked him before really enjoyed it.

However he's set at the after party the next day was nothing short of incredible.

Come on guys we've been waiting patiently! What did he unleash at the afters?

a lot of incredible goodies.

new and unreleased stuff, current hits from the season (will put up some of them later), then of course some all time cocoon afterhour classics (rolando aka aztec mystic - knights of the jaguar, lil louis - french kiss, just to name two)

and just so you get the full feel of how it actually sounded, this is the tune he closed with...with literally everyone inside KM5 singing along. MAGIC.

Would of loved to of hear french kiss! I know its slightly off topic, whats the chances of similar stuff like that being played at amnesia closing? Would love an hour or two of classica

Would of loved to of hear french kiss! I know its slightly off topic, whats the chances of similar stuff like that being played at amnesia closing? Would love an hour or two of classica

not very likely with the line up you have I think.

Any themes to sections of his set this year at the afters? Like last years amazing African vibes story?

Any themes to sections of his set this year at the afters? Like last years amazing African vibes story?

not really this year. there were the same two girls doing facepaint as last year, but there wasn´t a proper theme as last year. I think if they´d found a bigger place they´d done more on that subject, but KM5 is small for a cocoon closing afters and so there wasn´t that much on that side. it didn´t matter though - the music was fantastic. from about 6-7pm onwards it was really really really good.

Back