Cocoon 2010 - The year we make Contact

Status
Not open for further replies.
contact has nothing to do with mark knight.

it is an amnesia thing (well promoted/run by Martin junior's agency with brian cross) and i'm pretty sure half way through the season there was some problem cos it changed to TNT. they were doing sundays.

it would be the biggest surprise in ibiza history if antoine clamaran and seb fontaine were taking over from ricardo and loco dice on the terrace next year.:lol:

I heard today that Minus from Hawtin will join Cocoon as from next season every monday ... Richie hawtin+ m-nus guys(MAGDA,TROY PIERCE,...) & Sven Vath + cocoon guys ... thats it!

Sounds awesome !

Last edited by a moderator:
Smart thinking Johny but i can't see that happening...where will ricardo,luciano,loco dice,tobi and the rest of the gang go then ???
Not possible...

Smart thinking Johny but i can't see that happening...where will ricardo,luciano,loco dice,tobi and the rest of the gang go then ???
Not possible...

Unless they started at 6pm every week like they tried once last year? I know that particular evening was not busy, but if they did it every week, Cocoon is such a big draw they could pack 'em in from 6pm every Monday surely? Imagine if Villalobos or Luciano or Hawtin was due to start at 6pm every week.... Would be great raving in the sunshine on the terrace...:)8)

Last edited by a moderator:
2010 - the year we make contact is a name of a sci fi film from the 80's! so im expecting a similar theme to disco invaders. could be wrong though

Unless they started at 6pm every week like they tried once last year? I know that particular evening was not busy, but if they did it every week, Cocoon is such a big draw they could pack 'em in from 6pm every Monday surely?

They tried it twice last summer with no success at all.Add to this an open dc10 and the answer is again no way.

2010 - the year we make contact is a name of a sci fi film from the 80's! so im expecting a similar theme to disco invaders. could be wrong though

You are right!

From RA info for CocoonClub Frankfurt NYE:

''2010 – The year we make contact.

Having been just a far vision of our future on celluloid back in 1984, this has now become club reality of a visionary kind in Frankfurt. The U.F.O. (which is the official name of the building where cocoonclub is located) has already landed several stardates ago and cocoonclub is still looking far into the future and is always presenting new musical life forms which are communicating through the enormous sound system sending extraordinary measurements to the spaceship visitors. In order to welcome this special year, we have created a space artwork together with the Reach Visual team (a worldwide famous audiovisual design team from the Netherlands) that will take you to a space journey you'll never forget... The bridge is controlled by Commander Sven Väth, DJ Karotte and Joris Voorn in turns – a constellation that doesn't need any more words to be described. The countdown has started. Welcome to the Space Odyssey!''

How did you come up with this ?

I stumbled across it a few weeks ago when I was headed to Tokyo to see Dubfire. He had just played a set with Hawtin called "click 2 click."

Anyways I was just messing around with that stuff when I found Contakt.

Thought it fit nicely in this thread. I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back