Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were going to go to Joshua brooks for Floorplan nye as we are in Manny for 2 nights for Hidden NYD but decided to get tickets last min for WHP nye..can tell already it is not going to be my cup of tea but the Mrs doesn’t mind a night of baked house music so just going and making the most of it for something to do.. anyone who has been Mayfield this season how strict have they been on last entry please?

We were going to go to Joshua brooks for Floorplan nye as we are in Manny for 2 nights for Hidden NYD but decided to get tickets last min for WHP nye..can tell already it is not going to be my cup of tea but the Mrs doesn’t mind a night of baked house music so just going and making the most of it for something to do.. anyone who has been Mayfield this season how strict have they been on last entry please?
I think they're a bit flexible if you don't take the piss. Maybe have a look on National Rail at Manchester Piccadilly arrivals and look for any trains that delayed or cancelled, take a screenshot and just say your travel was messed up

I think they're a bit flexible if you don't take the piss. Maybe have a look on National Rail at Manchester Piccadilly arrivals and look for any trains that delayed or cancelled, take a screenshot and just say your travel was messed up
Good call that mate! 👌👍

What time is last entry and what time you looking to get in?

Ive got to queue a few times round last entry and then its filled up a lot even after ive got in. Id say theres an hours leeway, as long as still people in queue you should be sweet.

P.s Still not got a plan for New year myself, feel rotten but testing negative everyday, did do 3 days straight on the ale and not much sleep, so could be a factor 🤢. Still hoping to attend teletech NYD, will shout you if I do, will be solo.

Last edited:
What time is last entry and what time you looking to get in?

Ive got to queue a few times round last entry and then its filled up a lot even after ive got in. Id say theres an hours leeway, as long as still people in queue you should be sweet.

P.s Still not got a plan for New year myself, feel rotten but testing negative everyday, did do 3 days straight on the ale and not much sleep, so could be a factor 🤢. Still hoping to attend teletech NYD, will shout you if I do, will be solo.
Think it’s half 10 which isn’t actually bad but we off for a bit of a pre one over Salford before hand and always leave it to last min once get carried away.. we would be there for shortly after if that so should be sound

I’ve seen people been turned away before hand but then again we could of been running late our selves then come to think of it 😂

Yeah man give us a shout pal, nyd is gonna be the ticket

Sacha Lord has been very vocal in his "hospitality is on its knees" rhetoric. Can't imagine WHP turning away punters in this climate to be honest

Still, I wouldnt push it too much

Btw, the last entry deal does them a massive disservice as everybody arrives together and heads straight for the bar

What could put people off a second and third visit to the bar more, than waiting 40+ minutes to be served your first? 🤷‍♂️

Sacha Lord has been very vocal in his "hospitality is on its knees" rhetoric. Can't imagine WHP turning away punters in this climate to be honest

Btw, the last entry deal does them a massive disservice as everybody arrives together and heads straight for the bar

What could put people off a second and third visit to the bar more, than waiting 40+ minutes to be served your first? 🤷‍♂️

I agree can't see them turning away people for being late as it's lost money at the bar.

I find their very early last entry policy a joke, but I've had enough rants about that :) 10:30pm for New Year's Eve doesn't sound bad tho tbf.

Always found service for a drink super quick in there tbh when I’ve been. Plenty of bars and plenty of staff

First drink does seem to take a long time in WHP but not too bad after that.

Covid for second time here, was out Christmas Eve, family Christmas Day, out Boxing Day and family winter wonderland - so could have been any 😕 Feel a bit rough (thought it could have been the side effects of clubbing). Two friends from Christmas Eve positive on fit to fly test, one a family holiday which everyone else went on, the other meant to return to Doha tested positive this morning 😔

Love Unlimited NYE at O2 Brixton Academy cancelled

Not surprised - they've been really pushing that. Even yesterday were running some mad competition to win a load of Pioneer stuff. Did seem an ambitious line up in a pretty big venue though

Slightly to my surprise Tobacco Dock has pretty much sold out and even secondary site tickets seem scarce

Blessed Madonna has had her NYE + NYD 'big' gigs cancelled now

Last edited:
Think it’s half 10 which isn’t actually bad but we off for a bit of a pre one over Salford before hand and always leave it to last min once get carried away.. we would be there for shortly after if that so should be sound

I’ve seen people been turned away before hand but then again we could of been running late our selves then come to think of it 😂

Yeah man give us a shout pal, nyd is gonna be the ticket
Just seen this! Defo gotta be carry on at White Hotel...

There we go!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211230-191740_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20211230-191740_Twitter.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20211230-192731_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20211230-192731_Twitter.jpg
    813.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Haha, just had an email telling me that I’ve won 2x backstage tickets for Tobacco Dock’s gig that starts in a hour. How ridiculous to leave it that short notice

I have seen 338 begging for me to buy tickets over NYE and NYD literally get an email daily from them - it says to me that the numbers are low. I wouldn't be surprised they use this method to bring numbers up by offering free tickets out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back