Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced it's practical in reality, nightclub queues can often be long and when people are drunk they get agitated and just want to get inside (especially when it is freezing!) and there will be someone at the front of the queue who hasn't sorted the NHS app out, has lost battery on their phone etc demanding the bouncers let them in.

I'm suspicious this is just a 'get the young to go have both vacinnes' trick and they won't actually go through with it
Most club tickets are a QR code on a phone nowadays anyway, be a piece of piss switching to NHS app to show two instead of one.
If it increases percentage of people vaxxed by a couple of points then no harm done either.

Most club tickets are a QR code on a phone nowadays anyway, be a piece of piss switching to NHS app to show two instead of one.
If it increases percentage of people vaxxed by a couple of points then no harm done either.

Not up North they arent, most regular club nights are still pay on the door. Its the 'just stumbled from the Pub, wanting to go to a Club' people that will cause problems. I wouldn't want to be a Bouncer when that rule comes in.

I'm not convinced it's practical in reality, nightclub queues can often be long and when people are drunk they get agitated and just want to get inside (especially when it is freezing!) and there will be someone at the front of the queue who hasn't sorted the NHS app out, has lost battery on their phone etc demanding the bouncers let them in.

I'm suspicious this is just a 'get the young to go have both vacinnes' trick and they won't actually go through with it
It may cause a few issues but people are used to needing battery now.

I agree that the statement is to pressure the youth, probably make an announcing backtracking closer to the time.

Digital in Newcastle officially reopened last night. Patrick Topping was playing. Looked banging!

If you are cool as fcuk like me and have Snapchat, then you can still catch some of the videos on the map part at the Centre For Life 😀👍

I’m going out to get on it this weekend before they close it all back down again. I think that’s what will happen sadly. I hope they don’t though.

A67AC684-9136-43D2-AD30-780AB985EFD5.jpeg

Last edited:
This latest measure has resulted in a level of hatred that I have never seen from people usually on the same side as Boris. Loads of libertarians, liberal conservatives, political commentators (Boris's de facto outriders) and what used to be called The Spartans (or Brextremists) - who are basically the people who secured his candidacy as party leader back in the day - are now his sworn enemies. The leader of the 1922 committee has (already) come out in opposition to Boris. Even his mistress from his days as mayor of London has turned her back on him.

Boris doesn't have a support base any more. He never had the Remainers on his side, and now he has lost the Brexiteers.

I doubt Boris will survive long enough to see this through. Even he isn't ousted, he'll be so damaged that he won't have the authority to see it through.

Macron has had to backtrack on his plans. Boris will have to do the same if he wants to survive.

I reckon I have hit the 'sweet spot' for events, before more restrictions come in or it is all closed down again. Got Carl Cox on Brighton beach this Friday, and Camp Bestival with Groove Armada and Fatboy Slim the week after. Both events 100% happening as things stand.

As for vaccination passports for September, I don't have a problem with that at all, even if it is just a way of twisted the arms of younger people who aren't coming forward. I've seen some proper vitriol from anti-vaxxers this morning, but I just don't understand the logic....

I reckon I have hit the 'sweet spot' for events, before more restrictions come in or it is all closed down again. Got Carl Cox on Brighton beach this Friday, and Camp Bestival with Groove Armada and Fatboy Slim the week after. Both events 100% happening as things stand.

As for vaccination passports for September, I don't have a problem with that at all, even if it is just a way of twisted the arms of younger people who aren't coming forward. I've seen some proper vitriol from anti-vaxxers this morning, but I just don't understand the logic....
Proper gutted I completely missed the Carl Cox thing..

I’m going out to get on it this weekend before they close it all back down again. I think that’s what will happen sadly. I hope they don’t though.
There is definitely an element of that. I'm off to something in London next weekend, not really my music choice / scene but in all honesty an outside event, with dance music and all that goes with it - I'm diving in feet first

There is definitely an element of that. I'm off to something in London next weekend, not really my music choice / scene but in all honesty an outside event, with dance music and all that goes with it - I'm diving in feet first

Yes mate, enjoy it while we can eh 👍

My last proper night out was 10th January 2020.

Was one of those nights when we were just going out for ‘one or two pints.’

Descended into chaos 😄

Got a cringey video of us all dancing and singing along to that ‘Time Of My Life’ song from that Dirty Dancing film 😬🕺

Hope you have a good one 😀

Roll on the weekend 😄

Yes mate, enjoy it while we can eh 👍

My last proper night out was 10th January 2020.

Was one of those nights when we were just going out for ‘one or two pints.’

Descended into chaos 😄

Got a cringey video of us all dancing and singing along to that ‘Time Of My Life’ song from that Dirty Dancing film 😬🕺

Hope you have a good one 😀

Roll on the weekend 😄
😂

He seems to be doing a lot of UK events this Autumn so might be worth checking his events list for others he's at. I'm off to Warehouse Project in Manchester to see him end of September which will be the first proper Rave since about May 2019, which by coincidence was also Coxy 😯
Was more given I am very local to Brighton, nice weather, outside ! But thanks, good to see him back touring again

Was more given I am very local to Brighton, nice weather, outside ! But thanks, good to see him back touring again
I'm sure if you bowl down there on the night, people will be flogging tickets outside.

Little bit nerve-wracking on the covid front, as I would be gutted to pick up the virus before the (much more expensive) Camp Bestival the week after...but with it being outside and hopefully more chance to socially distance, should be ok. Until we get carried away and try and find an after party ;-)

Slightly niche location, but I’ve got a ticket going spare for Fatboy Slim at the Cheese and Grain in Frome tomorrow night if any of you lot are in the area? Yours for the price of a (non alcoholic) pint. The downside is that you have to meet me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back